Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pushing my cycling pretty hard since January. I have done 4 races this year and did well in 3 of them. I didn't do so good in my last race (crit) and I hadn't done as much intense training since the end of March. My next race isn't for over a month, but I feel just temporarily burnt out. I know I need to be riding hard since I didn't do good at the last race, but I just don't feel the fire and dedication right now. I have just finished a long school sport season since Jan. this past weekend. I think I have just been overdoing it with cycling, school sports, and school. I rode about the same amount in the early season, with more intensity I think, but I felt a whole lot stronger. I havn't felt strong lately...don't know if it's because I toned down the intensity, or am just burnt out from everything that has been going on.

· Registered
635 Posts
you say you have over a month off.
take at least a few days off, maybe a whole week. after two or three days you will be itching to get back on the bike. give yourself a week, and go at it again. use the week to catch up on other stuff you need to do, such as life. then start training again. mix it up, have some fun, maybe reward yourself by finishing off your ride with a swim in the lake or an ice cream cone or something.

i was in the same situation a few weeks ago, i took a full week off after my last race of the collegiate season, sorted my life out, caught up on school work, and wanted to bike the entire time. i started training again 2 weeks ago, and while i am riding alot harder and longer than i was previously, at least 1 of my rides per week is a "fun ride" where i will go out with a bunch of people and bike 30 miles, take a swim, bike anohter 20 miles back, or instead of biking straight home we all go 2 extra miles to an ice cream place, or we have a contest of who can ride without hands for the longest period of time, somethiing, anything to keep it interesting and break up training all the time. my next race is in 2 weeks, btw.

good luck, and consider some time off, you prbly need/deserve it

· Registered
15 Posts
i agree, 1 week off and youll be on fire to get back to it... ive been in the same spot and was forced into a week off by work and couldnt believe how i felt when i got back to it. just my 2 cents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.