Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just called saying that our plan for a multi person-tent fell through and I need to get a tent by wed for a music festival. And since i want to do some drifting next year with the bike, the tent will come in handy.

What i'm looking for:
Single/Double person
$200-300
Light weight and easy transportation for bike purposes

Thanks!

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Vote Democratic and I'll give you TWO tents.

kpcw said:
PM me your address. I have a once-used three person pop up tent and a Coleman sleeping bag. They sit in my storage closet for three years now. I can send them out UPS red on Monday. All I ask is that you vote R*publican in 2008 (or send me some Deda white bar tape). I used them once, they are quite compact, worked great etc. I slept in it with my ex and my Labrador, there was tons of room. I bought them from Sports Authority, it is something like this:
]
All the tents I don't use any more (about four of them) are too small for what you need. If you wind up buying, Consumer Reports tested tents last summer, and the second-place finisher, in a list of tents costing $250-$350, was a $49.95 Coleman. I bought one (I had a big six- to eight-man family tent and some tiny backpackers), and it's phenomenal for the money. We used it on Memorial Day and didn't feel a drop of rain in a pounding, 10-hour storm
One word of advice: For general use for two people, unless you'll be carrying it a lot, buy big. Most two-man tents are good for one person comfortably, and a 3-4 is about right for two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.