Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we to believe that the timing was not deliberately adjusted so that announcements come in one day before the start of the Tour?

The lists have been around for a while.

Couple this with uncertainty of Wurth-Astana team - they are out, they are in, they are out, they are in... Which is it?

I believe officials are to blame for some of this mess. The turmoil is unfair to the riders who WILL participate in the Tour. I am still waiting to hear if Vino is going to ride - we probably can't be sure till tomorrow.

·
Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
55x11 said:
Are we to believe that the timing was not deliberately adjusted so that announcements come in one day before the start of the Tour?
I've been having the same uncomfortable thoughts.

I suppose we could be charitable and say that such a huge scandal on the eve of cycling's most important race calls more attention to the doping problem than if the same story broke in, say, December. But one cannot help but wonder if someone's not benefitting, big-time, from the timing of this mess.

·
BikerFox Wannabe
696 Posts
Or perhaps....

...doping is so endemic in the system that 'the powers that be' that are trying to clean up the sport are doing this, meaning the timing of it, to send a BIG message to all the pros, DS's, team organizations, etc, etc.

Also, only 58 of the 200 names on the list are cyclists. What other big sports stars are going to be implicated? I think we're going to see a lot of immediate retirements announced this summer throughout pro sports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.