Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This ride was early last summer (2003) - maybe May or June?

Low cloud deck means fun in the sun? I think not!

Chief Mountain is socked in - What will the pass be like? Much anticipation on our parts...

The last blue skies we'll see today.

Off we go...

Obligatory pic of Wild Goose Island - at least, that's what I think it's called!

So far we've been riding in a rather warm mist. As we climb it has been getting colder, so I stop here to don warmer gloves and roll my wind shell sleeves down. You can see the road across the valley climbing up just below treetop level on the left...

No horn to honk, so I yell at the top of my lungs as I go through the tunnel - and yes, the rain is coming down quite hard now!

The summit! I'm standing in about 8" of water pooled in the snowdrift at the base of the sign. The lady who took the shot was laughing her head off!

Cropped view of the trusty Centurion on his trusty Centurion! Woof!

The trip back down was very fast and very cold! No pedalling for 10 miles, soaking wet clothing and no sun had me stiffer than a board at the bottom - But what a great ride!

Oh, by the way, this was an incredibly easy post!

Steve

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Mechanics of your post ?

Did you upload the pictures or are they linked to your own website. I clicked on properties of your pictures and that's what it looks like. I'm wondering if you can get a nice continuous post with descriptive text in between the photos without referencing an external website (that I don't got)

Hey, Gregg
There's likely some HTML code that lets you reference an uploaded photo, could you post an example.

Nice report Steve.

Thanks
Scot

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the pix are on a hosted site.

Gregg, I, too would be interested in using html in a single post to reference photos uploaded to RBR - I'm pretty limited in transfer MB's at my host site.

Steve

Scot_Gore said:
Did you upload the pictures or are they linked to your own website. I clicked on properties of your pictures and that's what it looks like. I'm wondering if you can get a nice continuous post with descriptive text in between the photos without referencing an external website (that I don't got)

Hey, Gregg
There's likely some HTML code that lets you reference an uploaded photo, could you post an example.

Nice report Steve.

Thanks
Scot

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
you CAN still upload to RBR

Below the main window, in which you type your message text, there is a box called "Additional Options". In this box is a button called "Upload Photos". You can upload your photos from here. Photos will appear inline.

GIve it a try!

-g

Scot_Gore said:

Hey, Gregg

Nice report Steve.

Thanks
Scot

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Test post - do the embedded photos copy into the quote?

It appears that the photos that were embedded are copied...

BowWow said:
This ride was early last summer (2003) - maybe May or June?

Low cloud deck means fun in the sun? I think not!

Chief Mountain is socked in - What will the pass be like? Much anticipation on our parts...

The last blue skies we'll see today.

Off we go...

Obligatory pic of Wild Goose Island - at least, that's what I think it's called!

So far we've been riding in a rather warm mist. As we climb it has been getting colder, so I stop here to don warmer gloves and roll my wind shell sleeves down. You can see the road across the valley climbing up just below treetop level on the left...

No horn to honk, so I yell at the top of my lungs as I go through the tunnel - and yes, the rain is coming down quite hard now!

The summit! I'm standing in about 8" of water pooled in the snowdrift at the base of the sign. The lady who took the shot was laughing her head off!

Cropped view of the trusty Centurion on his trusty Centurion! Woof!

The trip back down was very fast and very cold! No pedalling for 10 miles, soaking wet clothing and no sun had me stiffer than a board at the bottom - But what a great ride!

Oh, by the way, this was an incredibly easy post!

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.