Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my Lbs today to pick up some supplies and got into a convo about titanium frames. I explained I was looking into Dean , Shamrock and a few others as I was definitely buying a ti frame for my next build.
He asked me to follow him real quick and pulled out an 06 Tete De course frame that was my frame size . It is beautifully simple yet a stunning silver with yellow lettering . I really loved it and am thinking very hard on buying it .
I was told it had been marked down to 999.99. What do you all of you think ,buy it ?

· Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
curty42082 said:
I went to my Lbs today to pick up some supplies and got into a convo about titanium frames. I explained I was looking into Dean , Shamrock and a few others as I was definitely buying a ti frame for my next build.
He asked me to follow him real quick and pulled out an 06 Tete De course frame that was my frame size . It is beautifully simple yet a stunning silver with yellow lettering . I really loved it and am thinking very hard on buying it .
I was told it had been marked down to 999.99. What do you all of you think ,buy it ?

Buy it but ride it like you stole it!

· Registered
421 Posts
The '06 Tete de Course was the last year this frame had the Titanium spine/Carbon cockpit. From everything I've read, the ride of this design is really exceptional. In fact, it's arguably the most widely coveted LeMond ever made! Finally, when you consider an '08 Tete de Course frameset (now all composite) is ~$3K, a grand for this one seems like a deal. I say go for it! :thumbsup:

· Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jorgy said:
I think that's a 2002 frame. Should still ride nice.

Why are you trying to dump it on ebay? Make the shop take it back if you don't want it and they sold it as an 06.

http://cgi.ebay.com/full-titanium-T...ryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I just figured I would try and sell it through ebay as opposed to going back to the shop . Honestly I am feeling more than a bit misled right now and even though it's easier just to take it back , I would rather not deal with them right now. I have dealt with this shop for a while now and it really irks me.

· haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
I'd be pissed, too. Get 'em to refund you half the price, then find a new shop.

It really is a great frame.

curty42082 said:
I just figured I would try and sell it through ebay as opposed to going back to the shop . Honestly I am feeling more than a bit misled right now and even though it's easier just to take it back , I would rather not deal with them right now. I have dealt with this shop for a while now and it really irks me.

· Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jorgy said:
I'd be pissed, too. Get 'em to refund you half the price, then find a new shop.

It really is a great frame.
Is that what you would put it's value you at ?I really can't get over this if it is the truth . I have dealt with these people forever and the person who helped me out and suggested it , has always seemed very honest .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.