Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the H1N1 pandemic. I hate conspiracy theorists, BUT, why was it a dire situation for a mere 4-6 weeks then forgotten altogether until today's proclaimation that the danger has passed?

Regardless, if you're reading this, it didn't kill ya. Go ride your bike in 100 degree heat. After all, you made it through the pandemic...nothing can take you down!

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Wasn't it because

The danger was essentially for 1 flu season?

And didn't a LOT of people get sick, but the death rate wasn't as high as "they" were worrying?

real stonie said:
...the H1N1 pandemic. I hate conspiracy theorists, BUT, why was it a dire situation for a mere 4-6 weeks then forgotten altogether until today's proclaimation that the danger has passed?

Regardless, if you're reading this, it didn't kill ya. Go ride your bike in 100 degree heat. After all, you made it through the pandemic...nothing can take you down!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Argentius said:
And didn't a LOT of people get sick, but the death rate wasn't as high as "they" were worrying?
And I'm convinced it could have been pretty bad if "we" hadn't mobilized to prevent a worse outcome.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole thing was designed by "them" to boost the esteem of nursing staffs in rural communities. Before H1N1 a nurse in Knobtown, USA may have only interfaced with common colds, ear infections and a rare farm implement-induced amputation. But with H1N1, the same nurse was able to muster the courage to look into the face on an INTERNATIONAL THREAT.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Does anyone know how many in the US died from the H1N1 as opposed to how many died from the regular flu?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Luckily I missed out on getting it.
I did however, have a sinus infection that I would have traded for a six-pack of H1N1's.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
real stonie said:

What happened to the Anthrax letters and where is Uncle Osama?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I heard one company made the shot. Heard they had a lot on hand, short shelf life. "Heard" a lot of commercials stating to go get the shot right away.
Yeah, I beleive in conspiracy theories- especially when a lot of money is to be made. More so when a government agency determines who gets that money.
At least we can still rock in America!

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
HIMEHEEM said:
Luckily I missed out on getting it.
I did however, have a sinus infection that I would have traded for a six-pack of H1N1's.
i'll see you six pack and raise you a full case. i was ready to get the drill out and add some "speed holes" to my foice.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Yep, we all did.... Wait. What did we do?
Well, I got a shot, and a gold star on my employee badge. :p

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Don't ask, but I follow the number of U.S. deaths pretty closely at work. Over the last several years, the absolute number of U.S. deaths has dropped. Additionally, we haven't had a significant "flu season" in a couple of years.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that the H1N1 strain was far less virulent than most strains of the flu virus.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
q_and_a said:
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that the H1N1 strain was far less virulent than most strains of the flu virus.
Exactly, but the HYPE was over the top sensationalism.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
q_and_a said:
Don't ask, but I follow the number of U.S. deaths pretty closely at work. Over the last several years, the absolute number of U.S. deaths has dropped. Additionally, we haven't had a significant "flu season" in a couple of years.

There are pro's around to talk the truth of this, at least when they aren't on hiatus or stray out of PO. But IIRC, H1N1 was more virulent, but less deadly than normal.

The tricky bit was that it tended to knock off youngsters rather than the old farts that normally fall to flu season.

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Don't mock the flu, folks...it's just a matter of time. Just 'cuz some jackturds whiffed on the seriousness of this one (with or without conspiracy, probably somewhere in between) doesn't change that.

It'll probably start in East Asia...and then terry b will bring it back with him.:)

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
BTW isn't it awesome that I now have banner ads for "influenza proteins" on my RBR page? On second thought forget the flu, we're all going to die of Google.

///after I post this will there be an ad for a Google vaccine??

edit: no.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Wait --- we were supposed to be freaked out about this thing still? No one sent the memo. I was never concerned about it even as a person at higher risk (ie. I catch things easily and had I caught it there was a good it would have harshed my mellow with those negative waves.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts