Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TdF is only 4 days old, and if it weren't for my DVR I would be going insane with those Saab commercials.:mad2: Not only are they repeated at every single commercial break, but the commercial itself is also repetitive. It gives me great pleasure to blast through those with my FF button!

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
JeffN said:
The TdF is only 4 days old, and if it weren't for my DVR I would be going insane with those Saab commercials.:mad2: Not only are they repeated at every single commercial break, but the commercial itself is also repetitive. It gives me great pleasure to blast through those with my FF button!
yup...I can get through 3+ hours of coverage in less than a couple hours. Also nice to skip some of the boring parts at the start when you're just watching the peloton's butts.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
... the price we pay to have any TV coverage at all... ADS!

To offset such ads and their repetitiveness, we've got the team of Liggett and Sherwin... True, sometimes their color commentary can be a bit repetitive... but I never get tired of hearing!

·
Registered
960 Posts
what I don't get is why the Marketing & Advertising Wizards don't create 3 commercials,
Show a new one each week, and still end up making us sick of their frequency...
DVR is the BEST...

SAAB, born from.... FF > >
RED WHITE, BLACK and .... FF > >
TAKE BACK THE..... FF > >

AH Ah Ah... Back to the Racing...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
"what I don't get is why the Marketing & Advertising Wizards don't create 3 commercials" Can't they show different Saab comercials? what, they made only one this year? and does VERSUS really believe anybody is interested in watching TAPOUT? that's how we bring it...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
JeffN said:
You use ff button? I use a 30 sec. skip button on my tivo hd with a 1000 gig drive:) Nbc news has been talking about bikes all week. Today they had a 86 year old on there riding a bike. they said riding bikes helps you live longer. Monday nbc had bike riding to work. You should set your dvr to record it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
tootal2 said:
You use ff button? I use a 30 sec. skip button on my tivo hd with a 1000 gig drive:) Nbc news has been talking about bikes all week. Today they had a 86 year old on there riding a bike. they said riding bikes helps you live longer. Monday nbc had bike riding to work. You should set your dvr to record it.
yup...30 second skip is a gem.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,335 Posts
lalahsghost said:
The saab commercial is better than the Festina watch commercials shown on eurosport. :cryin:
I'd disagree...the commercials on Eurosport are FAR less often than Versus....Eurosport has 20-30 minutes of content and then a short (less than 5 minute) commercial break; Vs. has 5 minutes of commercials, 1 minute of entry/exit crap, and then 3 minutes of content.

I<3 Eurosport :blush2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.