Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for showing the Tour of Flanders this evening. Got to read the race this morning, but it's always another thing to watch it. Cyclysm Sunday, good stuff.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
magnolialover said:
Thank you for showing the Tour of Flanders this evening. Got to read the race this morning, but it's always another thing to watch it. Cyclysm Sunday, good stuff.
Second that! 2 hours coverage was outstanding. Say what you will about OLN but I think they are trying their best to give us great cycling. Last 2 years the classics lacked because of the compressed editing. This year they stepped up. Give these guys all credit.

Great job OLN!!! I hope. I pray it was a success for you ratings wise as well.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,940 Posts
Two hours and we got Phil too. Woot!
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
second that

Sintesi said:
Second that! 2 hours coverage was outstanding. Say what you will about OLN but I think they are trying their best to give us great cycling. Last 2 years the classics lacked because of the compressed editing. This year they stepped up. Give these guys all credit.

Great job OLN!!! I hope. I pray it was a success for you ratings wise as well.

watched it the last few weeks, great coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
Sintesi said:
Second that! 2 hours coverage was outstanding. Say what you will about OLN but I think they are trying their best to give us great cycling. Last 2 years the classics lacked because of the compressed editing. This year they stepped up. Give these guys all credit.

Great job OLN!!! I hope. I pray it was a success for you ratings wise as well.
x2.

Lou.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
magnolialover said:
Thank you for showing the Tour of Flanders this evening. Got to read the race this morning, but it's always another thing to watch it. Cyclysm Sunday, good stuff.

Freaking BASTARDS OLN. It wasn't on their original 2006 cycling schedule, so I didn't bother to look.

Replay this afternoon 3-5, but I'm going to miss that too. ARGH! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4 letters...

bas said:
Freaking BASTARDS OLN. It wasn't on their original 2006 cycling schedule, so I didn't bother to look.

Replay this afternoon 3-5, but I'm going to miss that too. ARGH! :mad:
4 little letters for you my friend. TIVO. It's good stuff, plus you can skip the commercials.
 

·
professional lurker
Joined
·
460 Posts
good job OLN

After years of complaining, it seems like they are finally responding the the cycling world. I like the fact that they are offering live coverage of the Giro (even though it is on the internet and has a fee), maybe if enough people take them up on it, they will air future versions via broadcast. I thought the coverage was good. Let's hope this takes root.
 

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
Joined
·
19,723 Posts
magnolialover said:
Thank you for showing the Tour of Flanders this evening. ... Cyclysm Sunday, good stuff.
Nice to see an appreciative thread with no whining about how OLN should really fly us all over to Europe and let us ride in the team cars instead of making us settle for a couple of hours coverage on TV, with---horrors---commerical interruptions.

My wife, who has always been condescendingly indulgent of my cycling obsession got really into this one and was at the edge of her seat for the last hour.

Also, this was one of the rare instances where the cameras actually gave a decent sense of how steep the hills were.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
praise OLN USA all you want but OLN Canada SUCKS! Last year they showed Cyclism Sundays but not this year... e-mailed the programming director to ask why and got some lame automated reply.
 

·
The Gimlet Eye
Joined
·
918 Posts
I was too busy Sunday and missed the coverage. But I went home sick from work today with a sinus infection and lucky me got to watch the race anyway when they rebroadcasted it!
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Yes, thank you OLN for caring about us cyclists. The 7200 prime time seconds you devote to us cyclists each week shows your unwavering commitment to our passion. And thank you in advance for the full episode coverage of the Tour of Georgia and the comprehensive once a week coverage of the Tour of Italy.

Kudos as well to Philip Morris for all your efforts in anti-smoking education.

francois
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
It was a great race, and really good coverage

Fredke said:
My wife, who has always been condescendingly indulgent of my cycling obsession got really into this one and was at the edge of her seat for the last hour.
Races like that might actually increase interest in cycling here in the States. American team in the hunt at the end, crazy roads, George not b!tching about Leif taking off like that... Good stuff. I had it on the Tivo and showed the last 20 minutes to a non-racing buddy, and she got really into it.

I like Paul Sherwin and Bob Roll a lot, but there's nothing better than Phil Leggett and Paul together. Hopefully we can get another 10 years out of that combination.

Does anyone know if Phil and Paul are doing the internet Giro coverage? I guess I'll try to hook my laptop up to my big screen TV and see how it looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
francois said:
Yes, thank you OLN for caring about us cyclists. The 7200 prime time seconds you devote to us cyclists each week shows your unwavering commitment to our passion. And thank you in advance for the full episode coverage of the Tour of Georgia and the comprehensive once a week coverage of the Tour of Italy.

Kudos as well to Philip Morris for all your efforts in anti-smoking education.

francois
Call me crazy, but I'd rather watch the Classics anyway. Stage racing, so boring. So much for the appreciative thread I had going... :rolleyes:
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
magnolialover said:
Call me crazy, but I'd rather watch the Classics anyway. Stage racing, so boring. So much for the appreciative thread I had going... :rolleyes:
I understand the appreciative thread. I'm just providing some balance. It is OLN after all. We just reaallly need some other tv players to pick up cycling next year. Our legions are growing and we deserve better. :eek:

francois
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True...

francois said:
I understand the appreciative thread. I'm just providing some balance. It is OLN after all. We just reaallly need some other tv players to pick up cycling next year. Our legions are growing and we deserve better. :eek:

francois
True, but I think we're still getting a pretty good deal from them on cycling coverage. We did have ESPN2 pick of the TOC right? That's something coming from a network that is planning on covering Dominoes and cover so much poker playing, it's crazy (yes, Dominoes).
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
magnolialover said:
True, but I think we're still getting a pretty good deal from them on cycling coverage. We did have ESPN2 pick of the TOC right? That's something coming from a network that is planning on covering Dominoes and cover so much poker playing, it's crazy (yes, Dominoes).

Don't get me started....Poker belongs on a 'sport channel' as much as reality BS belongs on a 'music channel'......oh, wait, never mind.......dumbass viewing public........ kudos to OLN for doing a good job on Classics coverage so far
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
poker,Dominoes, vidoe games on sports networks

and folks wonder why America has an obesity problem
 

·
Non non normal
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Neither one of my teenage boys ride a bike as a sport but they both sit down every year and watch Paris Roubaix. They love that race.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top