Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me in my quest for a Road Bike... I was all over the place wondering what to get.. Started out with a Cannondale CAAD 9, then Specialized Roubaix or Tarmac, then Bottecchia and ended up finding thisScott CR1 with Full 10speed Dura-ace on Craigslist... Offered the guy a couple hundred less than his asking price and he turned me down... Week later I offered again and he accepted so I took the 3hr drive and headed down and picked it up.. When I showed up the guy was just so cool... He ended up giving me 2 extra wheelsets, some Kreitler Rollers, a USPS Bike Bag that he had shipped his bike to Europe to ride with and a bunch of other odds and ends like S-Works shoes. To bad they are to small for me.. I wear a 13 and the S-works are a 12.. I already had some Sidi Genius shoes anyways... Also a couple extra saddles, one of the a Airone that I will sell. Way to narrow for me... Also it has Cinelli Ram Jam Bars which I will have to swap out at some point, they are just to narrow for me at 42cm. I need at least a 44-46cm bar. So any ideas on a good stem with a little rise to it and some good bars would be appreciated.. It also has Ti Look Keo pedals. So I feel like I had a smoking deal... I called my wife on the phone on the way home and she told me I finally met someone like me.. When I sell stuff I usually take a huge loss and the person goes away very happy... But I don't care. It's only money... Well sorry for the bad quality photo's but her it is...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recommend getting steel spindles for the pedals. The Ti spindles came standard on my 595 team bike. I asked and Look customer service sent out replacements for free no questions asked. I wouldn't use the Ti spindles unless you're a lightweight (150 lbs).

I had a friend crash his bike fitted with carbon bars. No visible damage to the bars. Week later the bars failed. It wasn't pretty. You don't know if those bars ever sustained a shock or were over torqued. Consider replacing them, probably with aluminum.

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
good deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
What's with the headset and spacers? Doesn't look like there are spacers under the stem. Is the headtube just extra wide to fit an integrated headset and that is an optical illusion or is the stem just floating above the headset with no spacers inbetween?

·
9,925 Posts
Glad you took our advice. Looks like the "extras" you got are almost equal to the purchase price. The rollers are especially a good score.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.