Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the supportive and informative members of this forum. I made a milestone today and I wanted to let you people know that you have provided invaluable information and motivation for me. I finished building my "Road Bike" (though it may not qualify in some people's eyes because of the flat bars and disk brakes) eleven and a half weeks ago. As Road neophyte I lurked here a lot to find out as much as I could about my speed, technique, endurance etc. Thanks to your posts I am able to accept my speed (which has improved 2 mph in the past 3 months) and my ability.

I know that it is not a big deal for some of you but as of today I have logged my first 100 mile week (109 miles) and my total for this bike is over 1000 miles in three months (1007 miles).

My wife thinks I'm losing weight (which I am) and my 14 year old daughter thinks it's cool that her old man rides a bike. So for today, it's all good.

Thanks again especially to those who show their pity on the newcomers. I hope you all recognize the impact you can have on a person's perseverance. Since I ride alone this is my only source for input from Road people and it is from here that I draw much encouragement.

Best wishes.

Jim

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Way to go!:cool: The more you ride, the more you'll like it. You'll learn lots, and reap the benefits at the same time.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the props.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I got out early this morning (I have to take the wife to the airport so she can go to europe for 10 days) and I had a very good ride with the exception of the bee sting. That little sucker hurt.

Thanks again.

Jim

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
That's a sweet rig- not too much you couldn't do with it.

Congrats and enjoy the road riding!

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.