Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a blast. Was great showing you around. Hope everyone had a blast and forgive my verbosity and tempo. My main notation is Bourbon kicks Tequilas A$$ when it comes to drink hard then ride hard. Oh and what a suprise to see so much Campy.
Len - comeback kid, gets the Ivan Basso "I'm down but not out" award,ya did eddy proud.
BigBill - well big love but next to me I gotta call ya not so big bill. Nice Peg and I hope you come back so we can do the 'unholy alliance'
Rw - a pure pleasure to ride with, plus loads of fun stuff in his personal mini bar. was real fun sharin' booze and pedal strokes.
Starliner - the mulligan award. car trouble, not getting the memos on ride time changes. I hope regardless ya had a good time and hope ya got some good training in. Good luck in the race and we'll be talkin' soon.
Mapei, Sognio - you kids are too cute. What a great relationship, collecting bikes and guitars together, no wonder you guys are so happy. Sweet Nags.
Gregg- the last of the nag trio and 'the man behind the curtain'. You get the media award for snapping pix while travelling at a decent pace.
Mickey Mac - KOM baby, if I had a jersey with spots on it I'd have bequested upon you.
I'm sure if you wore a solid white one in front of the J's it would look taht way anyhow. Sorry you couldn't come around for the final sprint but I took advantage of your monster attack up that last little grade.
Dave- was a pleasure to meet ya, sorry we didn't get to hang out a little more. Eat an apple and I'm calling it a day?
Snap - you have the patience of a saint and can hold an onslought of lemon drops that would have killed many pro barflys. I hope ya got to the zoo, why didn't ya call?I'd have grabbed the kid and played docent.
Eddy - girl when your legs catch up to your liver you will be a force to reckon with. J tried to drop her on at every moment but she was unshakable. Did ya see the whales?
and last but not least - the J's, king of the obscene phone call, titty twistin', rib pokin', tongues kissin' contingency - big, big drunken love but you are forever my sweet little baby beotch. You'll have to sit down when you pee when we meet again. My liver did to yours what Lance did to Jan and I still lead the frickin ride on Sunday. I OWN YOU!!!!!!

really, everybody, I couldn't have wound up with a nicer bunch of ridin',drinkin' amigos. I hope everybody enjoyed their stay.

yours truly

atp

aka matt

aka

satan

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
You are the man Matt.........

again....thanks for being a great host.

Len

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
You and svend were great hosts. It's nice to ride with someone who knows a city but incredible to ride with people who have real passion for their city. It was nice to get some mini history, geography, and political lessons on SD along with way. We even got the People Magazine angle with the trip past Bradd Pitt's little ocean-front cottage. Even better, we rode for three days and you and Big Bill didn't yell at each other once. Thanks for hosting a great weekend.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
atpjunkie said:
...the J's, king of the obscene phone call, titty twistin', rib pokin', tongues kissin' contingency - big, big drunken love ...
This is too true. When J's says grope hug, he MEANS grope hug. At the Friday night restaurant meeting...I haven't been felt up like that since....well...Never! I'm just not into the nipple play thing.

I think Snap has the blackmail pic of me and J's.

And ATP, thanks again for the awesome rides!

-g

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
gregg said:
This is too true. When J's says grope hug, he MEANS grope hug. At the Friday night restaurant meeting...I haven't been felt up like that since....well...Never! I'm just not into the nipple play thing.

I think Snap has the blackmail pic of me and J's.

And ATP, thanks again for the awesome rides!

-g
I get the feeling we're looking at Matt's new avatar! :D

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Kudos to Matt and Svend for being such wonderful hosts.

San Diego as a great city to bicycle in. Bike paths and bike lanes galore, great scenery and considerate, courteous drivers. Coming down from Point Loma I slid a wheel out on a sandy patch while coming to a stop and wound up putting my hand on the hood of a BMW to right myself. I turned around to give the driver an apologetic wave and she just smiled and waved back at me.

We enjoyed everyone's company. Nothin' like a bunch of bike riders gettin' together laughing, drinking, riding, talkin' about music and having lots and lots of fun. :)

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,257 Posts
Thank you atp and Svend. You were the hosts with the mosts. I suggest another toast!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry Mapei

if the pace was too nasty. I had that ferry Coronado thing in the planner for Saturday but the tail of the ride got cut short. anytime you and sogno wanna come down I'll take you on it. your pace, I promise.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
atpjunkie said:
if the pace was too nasty. I had that ferry Coronado thing in the planner for Saturday but the tail of the ride got cut short. anytime you and sogno wanna come down I'll take you on it. your pace, I promise.
Actually the rides we did with you are with a couple of exceptions (start time, etc), similar in length and climbing to the ones we do at home. Mappy's just being ironic. ;)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Thanks atp and svend - I had an absolute blast. The "magic refilling lemon drop glass" pretty near killed me - but riding with Dave, Jeff and Eddy on saturday fixed me up.

atp - didn't know I was supposed to call! I was wandering and discovered the trolly would drop me at the zoo - so I was off on an adventure by 8:30 or so. Next time we'll do it "Stella Style".

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so next time

we'll cut out Mt. Soledad, when we leave Pt. Loma we'll go by the airport and harbor to downtown. hop the ferry, ride coronado, get our toes wet (ya could have done that in Solana Beach) and ferry back home. duly noted, gest or not. anyhow that was my original intention, you can blame/thank Svend for adding Mt Soledad to the mix. was a nice downhill.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
atpjunkie said:
we'll cut out Mt. Soledad, when we leave Pt. Loma we'll go by the airport and harbor to downtown. hop the ferry, ride coronado, get our toes wet (ya could have done that in Solana Beach) and ferry back home. duly noted, gest or not. anyhow that was my original intention, you can blame/thank Svend for adding Mt Soledad to the mix. was a nice downhill.
You know, I dug Soledad. Don't worry about me climbing as I climb at my own pace. Plus that downhill was one of the funnest DH's I've done. The one thing I would like would be a little more time to warm up the legs...
Hey, how's about the flats of Coronado as a warm up then Soledad?

Your talk of the SD opera house piqued my interest. And as you know we're always looking for an excuse to visit the Buffalo Bros. ;)

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Eddy - girl when your legs catch up to your liver you will be a force to reckon with. J tried to drop her on at every moment but she was unshakable. Did ya see the whales?
ATP Junkie--true to your name. You are a menace. Thank you for being so welcoming and hospitable. I was a little tired (having NOT stayed out 'til 2:30 AM the last two nights and NOT ridden over 100 miles the last two days) and running behind schedule to get home, so I didn't get to see the whales. Next time! You're right, I have the liver of a 19-yo and the legs of a 91-yo. Must do something about that... Hmm, think riding would help?? :confused: ;) :D

THANK YOU!

My drink of choice:

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Thanks for the good ride and the great time ATP. Sign me up for next time!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
All I have say ATP is that now I know whose paceline I'll be riding when we meet... yes, I'll take Snap, Dave, J, and Eddy's paceline, thank you very much ;). Your gang would have sent me into the dust after the first 15 minutes.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dust is good

sorry I'm from the 'what does not kill you only makes you stronger' school.

plus my fave story is when Anquetil was having a horrid day in the TdF and it was looking like he would lose the yellow jersey (he was a tad hungover) and his DS pulled alongside, handed him a bidon of Champagne and said (I'm translating) "This helps or this destroys"
Jacques knocked it back, recovered and kept his yellow jersey. Drink Hard, Ride Harder.

anyhow ya'll can blame Mickey Mac. He was on my wheel and every time I asked him about the pace or tempo he'd say "well they are either okay with it or too gassed to speak up". Anyhow, I was a good host and kept my nose in the wind and provided quite the wind break behind me.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
il sogno said:
Actually the rides we did with you are with a couple of exceptions (start time, etc), similar in length and climbing to the ones we do at home. Mappy's just being ironic. ;)

I totally agree with il sogno, the pace, distance, elevation was all fine and similar to what I do at home.

If it t'weren't for my winter legs on me right now...I would have loved to added Coronado and ferry to the mix.

And the climb up to Mt. Soledad was well worth the vistas and the awesome downhill run!

-g

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
big love big buddy, you are the man, and yes i'm now your bee-yotch and you TOTALLY own me. i'll send you 70% from now on. keep your pimp hand strong.

ladies, gentlemen, and Cooper, listen: this man is the tour guide from hades. we hit the BEST rathole bars with beautiful bartenders and awful music on saturday night. was that saturday? i think. everybody else retired and Matt's draggin' me out and we're gettin' wild and gettin' it on and then i'm like, the room's spinning, i'm gonna puke on yer shoes bud, and he's like, "you're my b!tch now."

wtf?

i loved SD. and it remains unmolested. well, mostly.

M, much love and respek.

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts