Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While performing my annual maintenance/cleaning/lube routine the plastic cable guide on the bottom bracket broke in half. Is this a generic piece I can get at any LBS, or do I need to contact my manufacturer?

Thanks.

·
go up
648 Posts
You should be able to pick one up from your LBS.

I had the same thing happen a while back; looked as though one of the cables just cut through the plastic over time. My LBS replaced it quickly; I did purchase a couple tubes so I cold give them some money.

4bykn said:
While performing my annual maintenance/cleaning/lube routine the plastic cable guide on the bottom bracket broke in half. Is this a generic piece I can get at any LBS, or do I need to contact my manufacturer?

Thanks.

·
Cipo's long lost cousin
975 Posts
I've seen them...

The last time I got a set of Shimano shifters (Ultegra) Shimano supplied the cable guide and the adjusters along with the shifters. In many cases a person will only be upgrading the shifters so these things go unused. Talk to your shop and see if they have any in the parts bin...

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Steve-O said:
The last time I got a set of Shimano shifters (Ultegra) Shimano supplied the cable guide and the adjusters along with the shifters. In many cases a person will only be upgrading the shifters so these things go unused. Talk to your shop and see if they have any in the parts bin...
I've got a spare one, it came with a set of Shimano shifters. Its sitting in my tool box.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all

I just ran down to my LBS and the wrench working gave me one. That just got my business back. I'd had some less than favorable experiences there previously, but they just earned my business again. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.