Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
she keep you buyin rats
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to his twitter entries Bruyneel packed it in and headed home from Castilla y Leon. "Home sweet home after a 4h drive..." - "Sean and Eki have everything figured out!" ...he says.

Probably just not as fun without Lance.
;-)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Did anyone..

hear about Lance getting all liquored up on the plane and pissing off all the passengers with his ranting and raving? It was on comcast news.. I hope it's not true, but wouldn't be surprised.. Then again, we can all be a holes sometimes.. My wife says I can be a good one..

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Mosovich said:
hear about Lance getting all liquored up on the plane and pissing off all the passengers with his ranting and raving? It was on comcast news.. I hope it's not true, but wouldn't be surprised.. Then again, we can all be a holes sometimes.. My wife says I can be a good one..
Seeing as he probably couldn't get morphine, I guess that was the next best thing.

The statement he made on Astana's cycling site freaked me out: I quickly brushed my collarbone and thought it was my radio wire fragments. Turns out, it wasn't and it was broken in a few pieces. (Something to that effect). :yikes:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
The story on the plane could be true, or not. Of course, his manager would deny it. And, of course, E! would say it's true. Who's right?

Well, I believe he had to be liquored up but perhaps it was a lot more exaggerated than the actuality of it. I'd like to know more sources though. Haha.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
not trying to stick up for him, but maybe this was part of the plan anyway? i imagine JB isnt really needed there and was only there at LAs request.

but like i siad, im not supporting this action. it does send a mixed message.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
weltyed said:
not trying to stick up for him, but maybe this was part of the plan anyway? i imagine JB isnt really needed there and was only there at LAs request.

but like i siad, im not supporting this action. it does send a mixed message.
Yeah he wasn't gonna be there anyway I mean since the DSes were already sorted out.

I'm sure he came down to check on the team and then bid adieu after that perhaps.

I don't think it's due to Lance crashing out that he went home IMO. That would seriously be odd and as we know, Johan is a master at man management and pulling the team together most of the time.

Of course, it's just what I think.

//Besides, Contador was scheduled to dance like a puppet in Johan's house to entertain Lance anyway but he was still racing. :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Although I 'm sure Lance would be capable of acting like an a-hole, the E! channel story sounds pretty weakly substantiated.

I also think that LA would know better than to mix pills + alcohol.

All this drama would put soap operas out of business.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
no. conti was told he was the guest of honor at JBs place last year. he showed up and found LA sitting in his chair and getting him drinks.

uzziefly said:
Besides, Contador was scheduled to dance like a puppet in Johan's house to entertain Lance anyway but he was still racing. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm sure he came down to check on the team and then bid adieu after that perhaps.
I don't think it's due to Lance crashing out that he went home IMO. :D[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe that had LA not crashed out he would be heading home. IMO he would have still been there to watch his golden boy. If I'm Contador I am seriously starting to question his plans for me...at least for this season while LA is around. I dont think it looks good and probably doesnt help Contadors confidence any when he sees mgt pack up and not stay around to support him, even if its a warm up race. According to LA, Contador already has confidence issues anyway so why give the future of your team any more doubts. Did Johan ever leave LA side during a race? Real question not sarcasm...I honestly dont know.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
stevesbike said:
he flew commercial? Times ARE tough...
Hahaha. Private is within the US.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
smbrum said:
I find it hard to believe that had LA not crashed out he would be heading home. IMO he would have still been there to watch his golden boy. If I'm Contador I am seriously starting to question his plans for me...at least for this season while LA is around. I dont think it looks good and probably doesnt help Contadors confidence any when he sees mgt pack up and not stay around to support him, even if its a warm up race. According to LA, Contador already has confidence issues anyway so why give the future of your team any more doubts. Did Johan ever leave LA side during a race? Real question not sarcasm...I honestly dont know.
Dude, you gotta learn how to quote man!

Well, Johan went to his daughter's school event today so maybe he was gonna leave. *Shrugs.

147 Posts
uzziefly said:
Hahaha. Private is within the US.
Ah, no it's not. The guy flies private to go and do recon on stages in the tour and then flies home to spain - all in a day.

BTW, conti was an idiot for not jumping ship as soon as LA came on. Serves him right.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
bikesarethenewblack said:
BTW, conti was an idiot for not jumping ship as soon as LA came on. Serves him right.
Where would he go? Like it or not, Astana is the best stage racing team around. He'll win a hell of a lot more with Astana than with anyone else. He's only an idiot if he leaves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.