Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some bicycle commuting is better than none at all, right?

In this state of mind, I drove the first 26 miles of my 32 mile commute, parked my bike at the local park and ride, and rode the remaining 6 miles to my job in Simi Valley, CA. I snapped some photos along the way.

- FBB

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Holy Smoke! That thing is huge! I guess if we ever pass each other I won't have any problem recognizing you....

That is a pretty sad excuse for a "regional" mall (so far), ain't it? Last time I went by, probably fewer than half the stores had actually opened. Wish they had put the @&#%in' thing in @&#%in' Moorpark.

...and that looks suspiciously like Stearns in that last pic. Any closer to my place and I'd have to start charging you for parking.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Walrus said:
...and that looks suspiciously like Stearns in that last pic. Any closer to my place and I'd have to start charging you for parking.
I work for AeroVironment on Enchanted Way, right next to the mall. And yes, that was the Park & Ride at Stearns.

- FBB

G

·
fbagatelleblack said:
Lemme' see:

$3.079/gallon*1 gallon/33 miles (Honda Civic)*12 miles (round trip)= $1.12!!

Woohoo! I'm gonna buy me an extra soda, today!
I think that is a great idea, could work for lots of people who won't think about it.

$3.09 per US Gallon is still cheap.

We are at the equivalent right now of US $ 3.86 per US Gallon and I am pretty sure it's still got legs.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I agree

I'm considering doing the same thing, as my commute is just 12 miles one way, but I have to be home on time to take my kids to Martial arts. I think I will scope out a parking spot to shave 3-4 miles off my ride. As my fitness gets better, perhapse I can shave 10-15 minutes off my 55 minute ride....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts