Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
pass the hot sauce
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How will Jan look at the start in Geneva tomorrow?

Will fans be :cool: or :( or maybe even :eek:

Personally I would like to see him tan, fit and do a reasonably good TT... but I am not going to put my money down on it.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
he seems naturally tannish... or freckly... so im expecting tan... but yeah i'm sad to say that i think he'll be on the pudgy side :(

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
I'm predicting a DNF

If not at Romandie the at the Giro. And I mean, DNF as in can't finish, not quitting early to prepare for the Tour. Oh dear...

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Confusion.

I'm sorry, but I need to address an underlying assumption. I just don't understand the appeal of Jan. Under Lance's regime, sure, he was a nice feasible alternative, but I just don't get it. Please help me out.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Pablo said:
I'm sorry, but I need to address an underlying assumption. I just don't understand the appeal of Jan...Please help me out.
Could it be that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy as opposed to Armstrong who takes pride in being a jerk?

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
Pablo said:
I'm sorry, but I need to address an underlying assumption. I just don't understand the appeal of Jan. Under Lance's regime, sure, he was a nice feasible alternative, but I just don't get it. Please help me out.

Unlike most of the pro peloton, Jan has won some prestigious races, including a couple GTs.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
mquetel said:
How will Jan look at the start in Geneva tomorrow?

Will fans be :cool: or :( or maybe even :eek:

Personally I would like to see him tan, fit and do a reasonably good TT... but I am not going to put my money down on it.[/QUOTE

I loved that phrase from coyle's book. As for ulrich, I couldn't understand how all the magazines were saying how fit he looked at those camps in january. To me, the first indicator of any cycling fitness is to look at the face. If the cheeks are round, not good. If they are drawn in, the rider has been working. Jan has had a fat face all winter, I think he just tried to hold his gut in during pictures.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am really rooting for Jan. He seems to be a good guy and a great rider. I would like to see him in good form for a while.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jan bodyfat level is what? I say it's 5 percent or lower. The fact that he look like the average joe, racing on that level is amazing. Most of the guys on that level, their chest, arms, and shoulders look sick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pablo said:
Well, I don't know him personally but he seems like a nice enough guy. Plus people love to pull for the underdog. Rooting for Jan has become a sport in its self. Wondering if he'll be in shape, will he have a gotee, will he ever finish higher than 2nd and win another Tour? This is part of the fun with Jan!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm too lazy to post a pic, but Velonews has a picture of Jan in the prologue of the Tour of Romandie. Sad to say, but he looks more like the picture on the right above. Definitely not in form now....hopefully he'll ride it away in the Giro.

·
awwww horseapples!!
415 Posts
jch2112 said:
I'm too lazy to post a pic, but Velonews has a picture of Jan in the prologue of the Tour of Romandie. Sad to say, but he looks more like the picture on the right above. Definitely not in form now....hopefully he'll ride it away in the Giro.

Yowza.....

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
francois said:
Nice to see Jan back. What a miserable prologue though.

Knee problems is the issue of the month. He says he's been healthy as of two weeks ago. For four weeks prior to that, he had to soft-pedal in training because of the knee.

Interview is here:

http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-romandie/2006/sport_sto873522.shtml

does pink make him look fat?

fc
No, fat makes you look fat :D

I have no room to talk of course. I'd love to look like Jan in that last picture.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Well if it was Paris-Nice he wouldn't be looking too bad...

Once again he is in the position of having to whip himself into shape in a far shorter time than the rest of the contenders and will no doubt be paying that bill at some point in the Tour.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts