Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
TriNewb24 said:
probably campy rival. Best bang for the buck. From what i have been reading, you cant beat it.

you sure it's not super-ace red?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That's true with the rear derailleur, so you have to mix and match a bit: If you pair a Super-ace left brifter with Lightweight RD, then a Record-Red right brifter with an electric Di2 11 speed FD...works great, especially with a SRAM Pista crankset. Of course you have to figure out the chain issue cause the standard UN10 wont fit on the 1/8" ring, but hey lightweight comes with some penalties ;)

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
You mean the best group that no one's actually ridden yet so there's no way to make a decision informed by anything more than "oooooooh pretty" and press releases?

I'm going with fred on this one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think Campy Centaur gives you alot of value for the money as long as you are OK with staying with a 10 speed. There are no complaints about that on my end.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Campagnolo Super Record 11speed...(actually, all of Campy's 11 speed groups)

I really didn't think it would be that much better than my 2001 Record with a 07 Chorus compact crank...but it is sooo sweet and silky smooth shifting/braking. Not only does it perform flawlessly, it looks so sexy and gorgeous (especially on my 595 Ultra)!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have '09 rival, and like everything but the lack of small ring trim.

I think I'm gonna get campy next time I am in the market for a groupset. (five or so years from now ~_~)

·
Registered
217 Posts
lalahsghost said:
I have '09 rival, and like everything but the lack of small ring trim.

I think I'm gonna get campy next time I am in the market for a groupset. (five or so years from now ~_~)
I miss that too. Ironically, the '08 Rival had small ring trim and they got rid of it (moved the trim to the big ring).

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
My vote for the best grouppo of 2009 is Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts