Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Can't do ramen anymore, after subsisting on it (with day-old Jimmy John's bread for a little filler) in college. Same goes for Progresso soups.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
The best ramen noodles you'll ever eat...

there's a kind of inherent limitation in the statement, not unlike saying, "this is the best puppet show based on an alligator christ figure you'll ever see in your life."

Reactions: El Scorcho

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
is after a nice long sweaty workout. Egg added for flair. That is all.
I used to cook the noodles, drain them, scramble the flavor packet into an egg or two and stir fry that into the noodles. But I'll have to take the "instant" ramen noodles as implied or it will never come close to being the best ramen I've ever eaten no matter when I eat it.

·
30 mpdb
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to cook the noodles, drain them, scramble the flavor packet into an egg or two and stir fry that into the noodles. But I'll have to take the "instant" ramen noodles as implied or it will never come close to being the best ramen I've ever eaten no matter when I eat it.
Not implying anything about how they're prepared - ramen noodles taste better after a workout, because it's got what plants crave.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Not implying anything about how they're prepared - ramen noodles taste better after a workout, because it's got what plants crave.
I believe you, just no first-hand experience. I've never eaten ramen after a workout. I'll have to give it shot sometime.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I always found the flavor packet to salty for my taste. But after a really good sweaty workout, all that salt might just hit the spot.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Here'e a cool video...
yes it is.

I also love his cat. He takes him to the store on his bike, where he waits in his bike bag while he shops.
and i guess he takes his drone to the store too? the aerial photography of riding in the snow is a nice touch.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Here'e a cool video with a bike, cats, and homemade ramen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXIrnWsaCo

This guy has some incredible knife skills. I also love his cat. He takes him to the store on his bike, where he waits in his bike bag while he shops (it's in Japan).
He is either a cook who likes to show off or has a lot of free time on his hand. I'm sure there are many noodle specialty shops near where he lives which he can get such dish within minutes.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I don't know about where you guys live but around me, there are tons of noodle shops where you can get much better quality ramen than those instant ramens sold in grocery stores.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
I don't know about where you guys live but around me, there are tons of noodle shops where you can get much better quality ramen than those instant ramens sold in grocery stores.
Same here. Little Tokyo is just 3 miles away.
But I also keep instant noodles (both dry and fresh) in the house. I also take them (Sapporo Ichiban) when I go backpacking.....with enough dehydrated meat and vegis to spruce up the ramen.
But during the summer I prefer cold soba (buckwheat noodles) and prepare them frequently at home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts