Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we were being distracted by the Olympics, a better sporting event was going on - The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

The winner was a good old boy named Rufus, a bull terrier.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
MikeBiker said:
While we were being distracted by the Olympics, a better sporting event was going on - The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

let the photoshopping begin.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
MikeBiker said:

That looks more like the Js than the Robin Williams pic.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scotty2Hotty said:
My pooch's grandfather, Twist of Fate, was scheduled to compete but was absent for some reason. I am very angry.
Kidnapped by terrorists maybe?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
My pooch's grandfather, Twist of Fate, was scheduled to compete but was absent for some reason. I am very angry.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
It's NOT a sport

Sporting event??? Give me a break! It's no more a sporting event than a beauty pageant is. There is nothing sporting about it.

All they do is judge dogs based on general appearance, movement, temperament, and specific physical traits such as height and weight, coat, colors, eye color and shape, ear shape and placement, feet, tail, and more.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
More like a "dog" fashion show.........

I grew up going to numerous shows. My grandfather was prez of the Detroit Kennel Club for years, and bred cockers first, than bassets. His best hound won best of breed at Westminister, but not best in show. His good friend won best in show twice with her Springers. Anyways, dog breeders are an eccentric lot, to say the least. You're right Mohair, in that this type of show is not really a sport, as much as a fashion show. The dogs are judged by the standards for that breed, and people go to many lengths to arrive with the best of the best.

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Let us not forget about the Daytona 500, which is a precursor to the greatest sporting event of all, the Indy 500!!...Show us your /s.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Sporting event??? Give me a break! It's no more a sporting event than a beauty pageant is. There is nothing sporting about it.

All they do is judge dogs based on general appearance, movement, temperament, and specific physical traits such as height and weight, coat, colors, eye color and shape, ear shape and placement, feet, tail, and more.
Not a sport!!!! dude, you spend 1 minute under the lights running around with a silly little prance hooked up to some mutt worth more than your grandmother and tell me you wouldn't be sweating bullets......sport indeed........

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Hearing about the stupid lost whippet from the show in NYC made me laugh! I had one them overgrown rats for about six months and it made my life a living hell. If you left it out, it would p!ss and $hit all over the house. If you put it in a crate, it would eat thru it. If you left it outside, it would destroy any growing object it could find and you had to worry about sunburn, etc. My life, house, and yard were instantly better the moment that stupid mutt was out of my life.

The only thing worse than the dog were the freaks who bred and "rescued" them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
some more photoshop-friendly pics for the geniuses that lurk here:

\

make it happen, boys. i expect to see some chlose and j's appearances. throw scotty's nephew in there for good measure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts