Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's still awesome, and it's twice as much awesome per week. so that's kinda neat too.

ttyl

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A race report for OEH:

100F at the start. Clean white brand new concrete,all the way around. No shade. Winds hot and steady in your face on the backstretch and into the finale.

Lots of little attacks and digs. Hard to get away on this course. I covered a few, let the others cover a few. Kept an eye on the clock. Lap cards come out at 5 to go so when I figured it was a lap or two before that, waited for a lull, casually rolled to the front with the momentum.

Then I hunkered down and drilled it. Instant big gap. One guy came with me, son of the local hotshot. We hammered for a lap and see the 5 to go card. We kept hammering. Gap was growing. 4. 3. It's hot and we are both working very hard. I was getting where I couldn't find the right gear. Two to go and they are coming back on us. Drill it a couple more pulls. There's the bell, look back, we're caught.

I sit up and find a wheel for the finale. My break partner still has a slight gap and drills it again. We're in the sprint windup but it's all over the road and squirrelly. Nobody's strong enough to keep it lined out.

I followed the wheels in maybe 15th or so.

Felt good about my ride.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
If you ain't first, you're last.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
you should have taken

Creakyknees said:
A race report for OEH:

100F at the start. Clean white brand new concrete,all the way around. No shade. Winds hot and steady in your face on the backstretch and into the finale.

Lots of little attacks and digs. Hard to get away on this course. I covered a few, let the others cover a few. Kept an eye on the clock. Lap cards come out at 5 to go so when I figured it was a lap or two before that, waited for a lull, casually rolled to the front with the momentum.

Then I hunkered down and drilled it. Instant big gap. One guy came with me, son of the local hotshot. We hammered for a lap and see the 5 to go card. We kept hammering. Gap was growing. 4. 3. It's hot and we are both working very hard. I was getting where I couldn't find the right gear. Two to go and they are coming back on us. Drill it a couple more pulls. There's the bell, look back, we're caught.

I sit up and find a wheel for the finale. My break partner still has a slight gap and drills it again. We're in the sprint windup but it's all over the road and squirrelly. Nobody's strong enough to keep it lined out.

I followed the wheels in maybe 15th or so.

Felt good about my ride.
the short cut on the bell lap

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Yes, with BMX's proven race techniques you to can shave precious seconds from your lap times and guarantee success in all your races. With his system BMX moved from a Cat 5 to a Cat 2 in three weeks* Below you will see just a sampler of what's included in the system. Operators are standing by. If you call now we will include free of charge Gutfiddle's How to Achieve Your Optimum Racing Weight. That's a $2.99 value - FOR FREE!

*Results are not typical

Disclaimer: Using these techniques may result loss of bone mass, teeth, and training partners. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
your shortcut

bmxhacksaw said:
Yes, with BMX's proven race techniques you to can shave precious seconds from your lap times and guarantee success in all your races. With his system BMX moved from a Cat 5 to a Cat 2 in three weeks* Below you will see just a sampler of what's included in the system. Operators are standing by. If you call now we will include free of charge Gutfiddle's How to Achieve Your Optimum Racing Weight. That's a $2.99 value - FOR FREE!

*Results are not typical

Disclaimer: Using these techniques may result loss of bone mass, teeth, and training partners. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
doesn't cross the start finish
doesn't really help their cause. Instead turn left on that route after 1 st turn after cross the S/S cutting last lap by 2/3rds

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:

*Results are not typical

FAIL!

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
atpjunkie said:
doesn't cross the start finish
doesn't really help their cause. Instead turn left on that route after 1 st turn after cross the S/S cutting last lap by 2/3rds
I see great things in your future. Your eye for tactics is without compare sir.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts