Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to buy a new di2 Ultegra carbon road bike. The price was screaming good, msrp was about $4300 and buy it now was $2300. I can afford it, hey, maybe it'll make my solo road training rides that much better.

Then it dawned on me that I'm mainly an endurance mtb racer who uses road bikes for a training tool. Recently purchased a Scott CR1 Team with 105 that now has much lighter 23mm wide tubeless wheels, tires, stem, bar and saddle. I'm in the 16 pound Scott for about $1200 (new on ebay from dealer over holidays). Upgrade-itis got me good, and that di2 bike was so tempting.

I let the auction end. Woke up today feeling "rich" and after working on my relatively new road bike just moments ago the lack of buyer's remorse was a good feeling. Big sigh of relief.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Sounds like you passed up a smokin' deal. Too bad, could have been awesome.

Love,
Devil's Advocate

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
Hah, I see it the complete opposite way. I've upgraded to the point where I really don't need to upgrade anymore. I'd only be spending money to spend it at this point. I do need new pedals and probably a seat, but everything else on the bike is already top tier. Now I just look at new bike stuff and drool, but don't spend any money.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The big sigh of relief when upgrade-itis passes, and you have all of this money

Although it seems like a great price, after some of the other threads here recently, I'd be really leery of buying carbon fiber used -- or, for that matter, new from any manufacturer who didn't offer a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hah, I see it the complete opposite way. I've upgraded to the point where I really don't need to upgrade anymore. I'd only be spending money to spend it at this point. I do need new pedals and probably a seat, but everything else on the bike is already top tier. Now I just look at new bike stuff and drool, but don't spend any money.
All that money, and you still call it a "seat"? Lets see some pics of that sexy recumbent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.