Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

How long will you keep you bike set up EXACTLY the way it is?

• One year

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • One month

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • One week

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • And for the truly pathetic, One day

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know it's to all of us, that bike we watch on eBay, eye to go on sale at your LBS, or ask too many questions on here about your prospective ride and then then somone poaches what you think is yours. Well, I had still kick myself for not buying this bike, but up until 30 seconds on eBay, there were no bidders. What bike to most regret getting away? Here is mine:

Frame- Lemond Tete De Course 57cm 3/2 Titanium Spine, OCLV 110 Carbon Fiber Cockpit

Fork- Easton EC90 SLK

Headset- Chris King

Brakes- Zero Gravity OG-5 Titanium

Crank- FSA K-Force Mega-EXO Carbon with External Bottom Bracket 175mm

Wheels- Bontrager Race X Lite Ti Anodized with Ti quick release sqewers

Shifters, Derailleurs, Cassette- Shimano Dura-Ace 10 speed

Handlebars- Zipp B2 Vibration Control Carbon, 42cm width 31.8 clamp

Stem- Bontrager Race XXX Lite Carbon 90mm

Seat- Fizik Aliante Carbon

Tires- Vittoria Diamonte Pro 700x23 and Continental Grand Prix Supersonic 700x23

Pedals- Look Keo Carbon with Titanium Axles :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
my bike was a colnago master x-lite, in my size, at a great price, with campy chorus. I'd just bought too many bikes and really shouldn't have got another.

·
100% torqued
766 Posts
I own one bike, It really doesn't see enough miles so I look at other stuff but really never want much. I have owned as many as 4 bikes but have downsized and don't mind.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I lost out on a Pinarello Price LS - very exclusive at the time, hard to get. I was the leading bidder on it for a couple of days going into a Saturday. Well that Saturday happened to be the 26th of January which forever shall live in infamy as one of the early major internet virus attacks (Slammer I think it was.) Work was nailed so I got called in to manage the crisis and there was no internet access available. So, I was in the dark about an auction ending at about 2 PM in a place where computer mayhem ruled. The bike was expensive, and I had bid it up to a point where I was really uncomfortable shelling out. So I waited and didn't find out until 3 hours after the auction ended that I'd been sniped.

Mixture of disappointment and relief.

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
I remember...

A TITUS Isogrid Ultralite I say on Ebay, in of course rare to find size small. I watched it every day, knowing all along I had no scrill to bid on it. But as a true cycloholic, I tortured myself and watched it every day right up until some dawg finally won it, and it was gone........Too expensive they are, $4000 for custom with carbon stays. I think $3700 in stock size. I'll never own one, but that was the one I might have gotten for a reasonable price, the one that slipped away.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I just got the frame I ordered, and will be building it up over the next week or so.

I ordered it last October, spent a month back and forwarding with the builder to sort everything out, and ever since I slapped down the deposit, it's been mine - it arrived today. All the parts on it are my choice, they're all sitting in my basement waiting for me to put them together.

Now, what's hard about that?

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.