Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you guys assisted with helping me figure out how to build it up, I thought I'd show you the after photos. I'm old so need the bars at saddle height, so lots of spacers and riser stem. But I love how it rides and light as a feather. I know the Giant is a relatively inexpensive approach to carbon, but in many ways they have created a flowing work of art. Goes well in the stable with the 1980's lugged Specialized Sequoia and the Riv Rambouillet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes xtr rear derailleur, part of my bizarre build kit

OCR size large
Imported Stronglight Impact silver and black 48-34
XTR rear
105 front
cassette the size of a large squash
Oval Concepts post and stem
Ritchey Pro Ergo Bars
Tektro long reach brakes with Kool Stops
KMZ 9000 chain
DA Hubs on black Open Pros
Vittoria Rubino Pro Tires
Selle Prolink Transam Gelflow saddle
Jagwire inline adusters as the cables exit from the shifters--look cool, work well(due to no downtube adjusters on the carbon frame)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats

Nice setup - hope you've many enjoyable & safe miles on it.
Do you have by any chance have a link to someone selling the " cone shaped top cover "?
How many cms high is the cover? Its gives a neat finish IMO.
Anyway good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
154 Posts
comsense said:
Nice setup - hope you've many enjoyable & safe miles on it.
Do you have by any chance have a link to someone selling the " cone shaped top cover "?
How many cms high is the cover? Its gives a neat finish IMO.
Anyway good luck with the bike!
FSA has them on their website but they only go up to 20mm I believe - http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=estore&taxid=228&pid=296. I have a 25mm FSA alloy cone that I took off my Fuji Team Issue if you're interested. PM and I'll send you pix if you'd like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i recommend that you call fsa if you are interested. these top covers look simply like another spacer, but they are part of the whole headset system and you need to get the one that matches your exact headset...as I understand it. they have a carbon one that is 1.5 cm I believe and up to 2.0 in alloy. cane creek has others that fit their headsets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.