Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a few minutes to shoot more pics. Dave and Thomas went on a vegatable oil salvage mission today, and scored about 20 gallons from a local grill. They were gone about an hour. It's the first time they've done it in the bus - they usually go for oil in a car, but this is a real shake down run.

The exotic woods in the interior all have mahogany-esque grain, but the guys can name several of the varieties, and none are called mahogany. Same with the now common Brazillian cherry decking that looks very mahogany like, except for the dark color.

It's also been fun watching my neighbors reactions. Most have been grinning as they go by, or chat. One in particular has not seemed thrilled. Same guy who called code enforcement on the people who had the insulin guy wreck thier yard with his car. Uptight neighbor-man wanted it sorted out faster.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Love the brick o' ramen under the seat. :D

That bus is too cool for school. Those boys done good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im speechless..........Sorry to see a perfectly good late model westy cut in half and used as an ornament but oh well.......Definitely unique

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Phaedrus75 said:
Im speechless..........Sorry to see a perfectly good late model westy cut in half and used as an ornament but oh well.......Definitely unique
Looks like it's being used as a bedroom/loft, not an ornament. Not quite as bad that way.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Comments/questions:

1.) wtholyf is that guy wearing on his feet? Hot pink crocs?

2.) I hereby christen it "the bong bus." As in, bongs were involved before, during and after.

3.) Those guys are totally challenging the establishment.

4.) If you haven't read pt. 1, the mind wonders what in the hell those two guys need with 20 gallons of vegetable oil.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
effing shweet!

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Westfalia found a saviour, and it's name was Thomas and Dave. More than an ornament, it's gone up into the blue, and now resides in heaven.

Yeh, the pink things are real live sandals, petroleum based.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Nice job recycling -- old light fixtures and an oven/stove in that craptastic 1970's "harvest gold"!!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
are they filtering and burning the used oil right there?.....a mobile veggie oil refinery? That's a nice set up, both the bus and the collection system.....beats using a funnel to get it into plastic jugs and carrying in the back of a 75 mercedes like my son in law was doing!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
that's pretty cool. i saw an old city bus that had been converted to a rv type vehicle and the guy ran it on diesel/ veggie oil mix.

seems like it has a following.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
wow... the 60's have come back full circle.

it is very cool. tell them Creaky approves.

if they ask "who's Creaky?" then *****-slap 'em.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
That looks like a really cool adventure. What is up with the Piano in there though?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
did they put in a bathroom and shower?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts