Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick pic to start if off. She arrived today one day ahead of schedule. Unfortunately my work schedule is going to prohibit me from getting it set up until this weekend. Plus, I'll need to get the star nut and crown race pressed on/in (the headset looks loose because it's just sitting there, not really installed). In the meantime, I can drool over it for a few days.

I got this baby for five big ones off of eBay around Easter. Never built up, and includes an unregistered warranty card. I feel very lucky. It's going to get built up with the 9sp D/A stuff on my CAAD5, don't know what I'm doing with the '5 yet.

Anyway, here it is...I'll have complete pics posted when it's all finished.

Brooks K.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, she's built up.

Transferred all the DA9 parts over from the CAAD5 today (minus the crank of course). It still needs a little tweaking, such as new brake cables/housing (the new frame is a 52, the old one's a 50, and they're a tad short), maybe some white bar tape, but it's rideable otherwise. The fit is great, and the crankset is really stiff. I'm going to like having the slightly larger frame for longer rides.

I think it's interesting to note how there isn't an over abundance of seatpost showing. In an era of compact frames, I'm so used to seeing a ton of post, whereas what's showing here is probably more the norm from when I first started riding in the 80's. I really like the look of it. Can't wait to put some miles on this weekend.

Brooks K.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paint said:
I have a brand new R1000 with a great light blue paint job, but I really want your caad6. I am in lust.
Thanks! The blue is actually a tad brighter than what it appears...the sunlight kind of washed it out. I'm thinking I might try to find some blue bar tape to match. At least it'll look good for a few weeks, anyway.

The only thing I'm a little unsure about with it is the 175mm crankarms. Time will tell. I run 165s on the track, and have run 170s on the road in the past. On the short test ride I took today I couldn't tell much of a difference, other than that they're stiff as hell.

Once I get it all dialed in, I'll probably do a ride report of some kind.

Brooks K.

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
bkranich said:
The only thing I'm a little unsure about with it is the 175mm crankarms. Time will tell. I run 165s on the track, and have run 170s on the road in the past. On the short test ride I took today I couldn't tell much of a difference, other than that they're stiff as hell.
Wish I knew what to tell ya, but I've never switched crank arm sizes. As for it being stiff, the whole damn bike should be really stiff as small as it is. I have a 47cm frame and I don't think I could flex it to save my life. Of course, in my book that's a good thing. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.