Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Capo last week and it absolutely ROCKS! Everything except those cheezy, plastic brake stops that they give you. I broke both of them during istallation, so I am only running a front brake right now. Why they just couldn't weld on some braze-ons I'll never know. Anyway, with exception of these new parts, everything else is stock.

handle bars - Profile Airwing
brake lever - Crane creek bar end
stem - Performance Forte' Team
seat post - Performance Forte' carbon
seat - Performance Forte' Team Ti
front wheel - Performance Titan
pedals - Performance Forte' C130 Ti

All of the parts only cost me $340, and the bike weighs in at an astonishing 15.8lbs w/pedals. BAD ASS!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am TRUELY happy with the Forte' parts. They are just as good as anything else for a fraction of the price. Plus, if you every have ANY problems with something, you can just take it back with NO questioned asked. You definitely can't beat that. And, NO! I love my C-dales, so I can't give any of them up :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1000 miles on the Capo, and I absolutely love it. I 've even been doing group training rides on it. Most of the time I get dropped, but I don't expect to finish with the pack on a single speed. Each week I just try to hang in there longer than the previous week. I don't know if my overall conditioning is getting better, but I definitely know that my cadence has gotten MUCH better. Kudos to C-dale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
singlespeedking said:
1000 miles on the Capo, and I absolutely love it. I 've even been doing group training rides on it. Most of the time I get dropped, but I don't expect to finish with the pack on a single speed. Each week I just try to hang in there longer than the previous week. I don't know if my overall conditioning is getting better, but I definitely know that my cadence has gotten MUCH better. Kudos to C-dale.
I'm loving mine too. It's my first road bike after 25 years of mtb. I wanted something that I could ride to work in the slop of New England, with little wrenching and much speed.. I never thought I would like it as much as I do. I haven't touched my Cdale Prophet in a week. The capo keeps callin.. I've been running it fixed (48x17) and it's been perfect cept for the steep climbs.

The only thing I can't deal with is the saddle. I'm using my WTB gel MTB seat and it's killing me. Never had this problem on my Prophet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.