Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was I thinking? When I thought WWTLD? the answer was "run away, fast". A co-worker brought a bag of Doritos Cheeseburger chips to work. Claimed he was "just cuious". I'm not a fan of snack chips in general so I wasn't interested other than the curiosity of whether they actually managed to get them to taste like something resembling a cheeseburger. They didn't. They taste like a beef bouillon cube dipped in onion powder. By far the nastiest thing in the chip world that I've ever tasted. I've heard them compared to a mcdonalds cheeseburger. That's an insult to mcdonalds (and that's not an easy thing to do). A mcdonalds cheeseburger tastes like fine dining compared to those chips. It kinda saddens me that these things made it through the test markets with a thumbs up.

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
787 Posts
I don't like "things" that taste like other "things". Cheeseburgers taste like cheeseburgers for a reason and that reason is that they're cheeseburgers.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
You may be in the test market.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was discussing it with some people on a cooking forum I visit and supposedly they were placed in stores as a mystery flavor as was another mystery flavor (Mountain Dew... WTF?). Apparently Cheeseburger got the thumbs-up to stick around and Mountain Dew did not.

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
Not that I would have ever bought those, but thanks for the warning. I, also, am not into things that taste like other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts