Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
We don't do it here. It makes the Luaus better if it gets dark after dinner. And it is better for families if you can eat dinner before 7pm. On the cycling side of things, it pretty much eliminates after work epic group rides. I don't know what all of the real reasons are, but you have to remember to disable the auto function on the VCR and computers.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,737 Posts
C'mon Girchy, I wanna see the VCR clock:eek:;)

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
In my house, the VCR forever blinks 12:00. I still haven't set my alarm clock from the last power outage. I'll have the right time in my car sometime in November. My cell phone and 'puters set themselves automatically.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Room 1201 said:
C'mon Girchy, I wanna see the VCR clock:eek:;)
I thought about setting my two VCRs just for the pictures, but decided it wasn't worth it. They haven't been plugged in since July, so there's no point in doing it now!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
My VCR sets itself - such an intelligent machine.

GG - ya got a thing for clocks?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yeah, but now I've got to work on getting them ALL THE SAME IN THE SAME ROOM. Yes, it's anal, but it really bugs me if one says "6:50" and one says 6:51".

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
took care of it last week ;)

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Kram59 said:
Yeah, but now I've got to work on getting them ALL THE SAME IN THE SAME ROOM. Yes, it's anal, but it really bugs me if one says "6:50" and one says 6:51".
Wait until 23:59 and flip the main breaker on your house. At exactly midnight, flip it back on. Every electric clock in your house will be dead on and in sync.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KenB said:
Wait until 23:59 and flip the main breaker on your house. At exactly midnight, flip it back on. Every electric clock in your house will be dead on and in sync.
Except for the analogue ones!

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
KenB said:
In my house, the VCR forever blinks 12:00. I still haven't set my alarm clock from the last power outage. I'll have the right time in my car sometime in November. My cell phone and 'puters set themselves automatically.
You have a VCR? What is that?

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
DST, anyone?
I changed all those I look at, except for my truck. The time shift is also when I change the smoke detector batteries just to keep them fresh. When was the last time you changed yours?

·
Registered
137 Posts
botto said:
took care of it last week ;)

Wow. You have a crapload of very large watches. I actually can't tell the difference between #'s 5 & 6, the ones with the white faces. Except for them telling a different time, they look identical to me.

My only watch (other than my HRM) has a dead battery. It was only important to change my cell phone (auto-updating) and my bedroom clock (nifty DST switch). C'est fini.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oops, forgot a couple. One last wall clock, and another I've included just because. It's a little clock I picked up somewhere that takes godforsaken size N batteries. Which, if you can find them, are somewhat expensive, and this little guy goes through at least two per year. If I can find them cheap, I'll give him another shot but, for now, he's relegated to the bookshelf.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts