Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this morning, I was just about home and my bike ( 1 of the toomany) was happy to have been out.

Not far from my place there is a lookout for the tourists and all I had was the camera in the phone.

My De Rosa at the lookout, 1300 feet above the elevation of the lake down there. Another couple of hundred feet up to my place. All the folks are out on the golf course. The world seemed pretty nice this morning.

Over on the other side of the lake, those mountains hold a couple of passes I like to go over and ride. 5000 feet or so for each one, not too much traffic and great scenery.

My bike has mis-matched tires since I got a flat on the road this morning and had to do a roadside change (twice this year - wierd).

Nice to be on the bike on any day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
croswell1 said:
Nice. How old is your DeRosa?

~ the Brooks looks good on it.
Thank you.

The bike is about 16 years old now. Columbus SLX. I am the second owner, I think the first owner kept it in a display case. I bought it from Cyclart this spring.

I sent the serial number to De Rosa for build info and they gave me the full story.

It is SLX with Super Record and the Brooks Swift saddle.

I like this bike a lot.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
I should hope so.

toomanybikes said:
Thank you.

The bike is about 16 years old now. Columbus SLX. I am the second owner, I think the first owner kept it in a display case. I bought it from Cyclart this spring.

I sent the serial number to De Rosa for build info and they gave me the full story.

It is SLX with Super Record and the Brooks Swift saddle.

I like this bike a lot.
If you didn't I am afraid I would just have to hate you forever.......nothing wrong with that, I'm just telling you how it is......there aren't too many bikes I have lusted for and haven't owned at one time or another but De Rosa........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MB1 said:
If you didn't I am afraid I would just have to hate you forever.......nothing wrong with that, I'm just telling you how it is......there aren't too many bikes I have lusted for and haven't owned at one time or another but De Rosa........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Me too. Sort of the dream bike of my youth, the unfulfilled desire so to speak.

I was very happy to get this bike, probably paid more than I should have but it is just oh so nice to take out for a ride on a sunny ( or even not so sunny) day.

I love this bike actually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.