Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put my deposit down in May of 2007. The frame was delivered in May 2008. I was waiting for some nickel and dime parts and didn't get the buildup finished until last night (patience!).

Today was my first ride on the new Pereira randonneur. I was hoping for a cool June gloom morning but no such luck. It was getting hot early today!

I was looking for a nice light, fun color. This light green powdercoat came out just right.

Here's a glance at the drivetrain. It seemed to work out well. You can read additional comments by following the photo to my Flickr account.

Until I get my lighting sussed, we'll just loop the spare wire around the rack. Patience!

So what can I say - the bike rode really well. Quite a nimble front end but going no-hands seemed easy too. Just what I was hoping for. The obligatory foot shot.

A shot of the happy owner, in motion...

Typical North Hollywood eclectica.

Time to stop in the shade of Circus Liquor. Would you buy booze from this clown? It was a bit early for me...

Now I know I shouldn't post a photo of this light until it's illuminated, but hey, I'm not *that* patient!

The seat cluster.

You know, the BB.

I had some logic for most of the parts selection. But when it came to the brake levers I just decided to try something new (old). These are the last of the Shimano 105 "SLR" non-aero brakes with return spring. Gotta say though, the hoods are very narrow.

Black hole sun? Did ya hear about STP getting back together?

I like the green best in the shade.

The obligatory saddle shot.

Enough silly bike shots. Sort of. Since we're in NoHo I'll show you a few murals on the Chandler Bike Path. Here's the band.

Here's the butterfly.

Here's the city's best landscaping.

Let's reflect on where we've been and where we're going...

Now at this point I was running late. Was gonna be late for the Mommywise group and all the other babies were waiting. But you know I just can't pass by a late '60's El Dorado without stopping to admire...

It was a scorcher today - peaked in the low 100's. The car said 109F. Hope your Saturday wasn't too hot!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Looks like it was worth the wait- you`ve got a killer ride! Is that the baby Son hub (the one for `bent and folder wheels) that somebody else posted last month?
EDIT: Nevermind, I see who posted the "other" one. Do you have the Lumotec on there waiting for a future Schmidt or Supernova?

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rodar y rodar said:
Looks like it was worth the wait- you`ve got a killer ride! Is that the baby Son hub (the one for `bent and folder wheels) that somebody else posted last month?
EDIT: Nevermind, I see who posted the "other" one. Do you have the Lumotec on there waiting for a future Schmidt or Supernova?
My name's on a wait list for the Edelux LED headlight, I think it's a Schmidt. Figured if I'm gonna break the bank, I'm gonna do it right...

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
In the 2nd shot, it looks like your bike is a "Deriera", which as far as I know is a lady's bottom. Now I know that it's a Periera, which, because I started out wrong, can logically only be a lady with bewbs on her back.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
Dude, your bike is the total hawtness.

Can you elaborate on that rear light?

How do you like your Quattros? I started with those on the Milwaukee but had all sorts of problems. I finally ditched them.

Like that single gold link on the chain, too.

Well done. :thumbsup:

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
That is a sweet ride. It looks like you have it set up to do some long range riding. Your pic subjects are really cool.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Wow that's purrty. Gonna be a shame to get 'er all dirty. I love the little things like the hooks for the speedo wire and the rear light is super hawt. Good choice on the color.

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Dude, your bike is the total hawtness.

Can you elaborate on that rear light?

How do you like your Quattros? I started with those on the Milwaukee but had all sorts of problems. I finally ditched them.

Like that single gold link on the chain, too.

Well done. :thumbsup:
I'm a bit embarrassed to have such a nice bike. With starting a family and all it may be some years before I ride as many miles as was intended. In fact when the wife was pregnant, I offered to walk away from the deposit on the frame. But she told me to go ahead. It's an investment.

The rear light only has a single wire because the housing is grounded to the frame. In order to make it work, my headlight must be bolted metal-to-metal to the frame to complete the ground. This is just an interim configuration until I have the correct parts lined up.

I've enjoyed the Quattros for a few years now. The SPD style cleat allows me to use touring/walking shoes. And the large platform keeps a hot spot from forming (on my foot) at the cleat pressure point. Zero maintenance and that large inboard bearing still spins freely.

The chain link is just the standard SRAM connection. Guess it does look bling when all else is polished silver and there's no grit and grime. Gotta love a clean new chain!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.