Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to challenge myself and commute to work tue-wed-thur for the rest of the summer. Today was day one, no problem 32mins in and broke the speed limit once. It's all 2 lane through residential streets, nice ride with some good sized hills to go up and down.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good luck!
It gets easier the more you do it. I remember when I first started commuting that was tough for me to get up that much earlier especially if rain was in the forecast. I have since learned that in fact I do not melt in the rain and neither does my bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very cool challenge

Lone Gunman said:
I have decided to challenge myself and commute to work tue-wed-thur for the rest of the summer. Today was day one, no problem 32mins in and broke the speed limit once. It's all 2 lane through residential streets, nice ride with some good sized hills to go up and down.
Hey, that's a great goal.

Someone I know began commuting a while ago, and to motivate himself he kept track of his mileage on a monthly basis, then he figured out how much money he was saving by not driving; he called his little study "Trek-o-nomics." :D

I think he figured that he paid for his Trek commuter within a little under a year.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Thats the spirit

Lone Gunman said:
You'll love it, man! I've been commuting everyday 14 miles since my birthday last Feb.18th. It's interesting that my commute takes me 32 minutes also. With my homemade 20-watt pvc light I can see the whole road on my midnight trek to work and with the cooler temps and less traffic it is surely a lot of fun. I think I rack up about 300 miles a month just commuting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been commuting ~27KM each way about 3 days a week for the last 3 weeks. I would start earlier, but I have a hard time getting motivated for a 6:30 AM ride when it's still below 0c. So far the coldest it's been has been +2c, the warmest 13c.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My goal is to commute every day where my car is not required (I have a lot of meetings throughout southern California 1-2 days/week). That means either a 13 mile ride to a bus station (versus the 1/2 mile walk to the closer one), or a 28 mile ride into downtown L.A. at least the buses have bike racks on the front.

Haven't quite made the 28 mile one yet, but want to get that at least once a week after it cools off here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.