Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wim Vansevenant opens the TdF in his rightful place--last. He was alert today and kept the race in front of him, but can he repeat as lanterne rouge? Who are your candidates for last?

·
Old Skool
804 Posts
Snicker all you want...

Snicker all you want. I am pretty sure that on a bike Wim Vansevenant can smoke anyone who posts here. I know for damn sure he can smoke me.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
harlond said:
Wim Vansevenant opens the TdF in his rightful place--last. He was alert today and kept the race in front of him, but can he repeat as lanterne rouge? Who are your candidates for last?

I think Magnus Backstedt has a good chance as long as he can bring up the rear on the autobus.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stogaguy said:
Snicker all you want. I am pretty sure that on a bike Wim Vansevenant can smoke anyone who posts here. I know for damn sure he can smoke me.
You're reading something into my post that wasn't there. I have nothing but respect for the ability of the riders and I appreciate the difficulty of Wim's job. But there is some history of riders seeking to come in last, and indeed, Wim himself said he was shooting for the lanterne rouge. If riders can be interested in the competition, I don't know why I can't.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slowdave said:
Magnus is a good bet, what about Millar as a dark horse?
Millar is probably hobbled because Garmin will want to try to achieve a good result in the time trials. Magnus is a good bet.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
culdeus said:
This thread was hilarious a few years ago where someone either came up with original content or copied it from somewhere else on the lantern rouge race. Hoping for good things again.
I think that was '05 when UtahCragHopper was covering the race for the lanterne rouge. Those posts were hilarious! I'm sure a nice search would bring those posts back into the light. Whatever happened to UCH?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
litespeedchick said:
Million stories indeed. What do you think happened here?

Lowe (Garmin-Chipotle), fined 60 euros, for comportement incorrect
Isn't that usually for relieving one's self in the wrong place?

·
Registered
429 Posts
harlond said:
See, lotsa people following this one:

http://sittingin.bicycling.com/2008/07/first-at-being.html

Some interesting history on the lanterne rouge.
Sunday's stage is going to go very close to the bike shop Espace Bellouis in Gif-sur-Yvette run by 1972 Lanterne Rouge Alain Bellouis. It's at the bottom of the Montee de Gif though the Tour will be taking the Montee de Chateaufort about 2km away. That's a very good bike shop by the way.

-ilan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.