Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is sure to get popped some time soon. As happy as I was yesterday to see Sastre on the attack, a little voice at the back of my mind told me that CSC's dominance this year is too good to be true.
Sastre, the Schrecks, and Cancellara are going to be done sooner or later.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
gizzard said:
...is sure to get popped some time soon. As happy as I was yesterday to see Sastre on the attack, a little voice at the back of my mind told me that CSC's dominance this year is too good to be true.
Sastre, the Schrecks, and Cancellara are going to be done sooner or later.
They are investigating the Schlecks!!!!

128km - More breaking news from Reuters: French customs officers stopped and searched a car driven by Johnny Schleck, the father of riders Frank and Andy, during Thursday's 18th stage, witnesses said. Customs officers first stopped a press car with Luxemburg number plates and searched it 35km into the day's 196.5km ride from Bourg d'Oisans to St Etienne. They then stopped a second car, driven by Johnny Schleck, whose sons are riders from Luxembourg representing the CSC team on the Tour de France. We'll keep you updated when we hear more.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
bas said:
They are investigating the Schlecks!!!!

128km - More breaking news from Reuters: French customs officers stopped and searched a car driven by Johnny Schleck, the father of riders Frank and Andy, during Thursday's 18th stage, witnesses said. Customs officers first stopped a press car with Luxemburg number plates and searched it 35km into the day's 196.5km ride from Bourg d'Oisans to St Etienne. They then stopped a second car, driven by Johnny Schleck, whose sons are riders from Luxembourg representing the CSC team on the Tour de France. We'll keep you updated when we hear more.
Papa Schleck update from Reuters. Looks to our untrained eyes like much ado about nothing: Johnny Schleck, who drives guests around for one of the Tour sponsors, was asked to step out of the car at a roundabout and was searched by a police officer. He was then asked to drive the car towards the other side of the roundabout, where the vehicle was searched by customs officers for 30 minutes. "We will search the car," a customs officer told Reuters without giving any further details. The car later continued on the stage course behind a customs vehicle towards Grenoble.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
bas said:
Papa Schleck update from Reuters. Looks to our untrained eyes like much ado about nothing: Johnny Schleck, who drives guests around for one of the Tour sponsors, was asked to step out of the car at a roundabout and was searched by a police officer. He was then asked to drive the car towards the other side of the roundabout, where the vehicle was searched by customs officers for 30 minutes. "We will search the car," a customs officer told Reuters without giving any further details. The car later continued on the stage course behind a customs vehicle towards Grenoble.
A quote from the custom officials who searched Johnny Schleck's car: "We were looking for doping substances but the check was negative so we let him (Johnny Schleck) go," a customs spokesman told Reuters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.