Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Also in General)

If you have checked out Friel’s “The Cyclist’s Bible” and have found that you simply are not going to do all that this requires no matter how good your intentions are, try his other book, “Cycling Past 50”.

You can easily ignore the old people stuff and get a very concise , full year, periodized training plan. He covers the goals of Centuries, Touring and Racing, with the latter including Tris, MTB and Road.

If you have what it takes to do the Bible, more power to you. If not, check out Past 50.

TF

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
(Also in General)

If you have checked out Friel’s “The Cyclist’s Bible” and have found that you simply are not going to do all that this requires no matter how good your intentions are, try his other book, “Cycling Past 50”.

You can easily ignore the old people stuff and get a very concise , full year, periodized training plan. He covers the goals of Centuries, Touring and Racing, with the latter including Tris, MTB and Road.

If you have what it takes to do the Bible, more power to you. If not, check out Past 50.

TF
I've never read "The Cyclist's Bible, but I do use the "Cycling past 50". There really is not much in it that is specific to older cyclists. Just lots of good training infomation. I highly recommend the book to cyclists of all ages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts