Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rodar y rodar said:
Maniac! But nice pictures and it looks like your kids LOVE rolling with you. Do they ride singles too?
Lou Gianni, my 8 year old, has been riding his single for ~ 3 years now.... Andy, who turned 6 in November, just started riding solo before the weather turned to winter....

They had a blast in Death Valley..... starting & finishing with the pool at Furnace Creek.... I kept their spirits up over the last 40 miles or so with periodic stops to allow them to throw rocks and stuff...(plenty of ammo for this in DV)..... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....:p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not on this ride.... she actually volunteered at the Badwater Rest stop..... Originally got a tandem in '95 to allow her to ride with me.... she never got comfortable with it, and the tandem sat until the kids got big enough (~18 mos. when they started in the burley) to ride it..... picked up a recumbent for her last fall, and she seems to like it, but has yet to do a significant ride on it..... we'll keep working on her though..... we'll be riding the triplet at the Tierra Bella, maybe Chico, Indian Valley, and the Tahoe Sierra again.... so there will be pleny more opportunities for her to join us this year.....:D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
You did good, the kids did good.

Death Valley isn't actually all that flat.

Nothing like doing a long climb and at the top noticing a sign saying "Sea Level"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts