Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem with the Bush administration is that they have not gone far enough. If we are going to be imperial, then let's BE imperial!

I say we go for a world government imposed through American military and cultural might. Not the United Nations, but the United States of Earth is the goal.

So, we invade whoever we want to invade. Just like now. (FEAR US!!!!)

However, we must offer STATEHOOD to any country we invade. If they want it, they can have it. If not, we kill, pillage, then go home.

Eventually, all of the world will be under our control. It's a simple plan, but powerful.

Now, some of you might think this is a ridiculous idea for a Monday morning in March, but I have not yet revealed my secret weapon. So far, I have only spoken of the military prong of world domination. What cultural ordinance can we use to soften up the enemy and make them WANT to be a part of the USA?

Baywatch.

That's right, Baywatch. We force Baywatch and other such shows on them. With lots of commercials. Then when we march in they will hail us as the great liberators and bringers of boobs, beer, and burgers.

Can't fail.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
A couple years ago on NPR

I heard a story that began with some indigenous Brazilians in the Amazon rain forest firing up a generator. They did this because every Saturday at that time, they all gathered around the TV to watch "Baywatch." The story went on to tell how "Baywatch" was the most viewed television show IN THE WORLD!!!

While I can't site the specific time and date that the story was aired, I can say quite truthfully that it was. I remember it because it was such an odd fact that it drilled its way into my brain for permanent residence.

Once again, your ideas are behind the curve. Please try to be a bit more cutting edge next time.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Do you have a dog named Adolph?

Yeah, our half-assed approach in iraq has a lousy cost/benefit downside to it. All that money and lives spent for what? Let's stop pu$$y-footing around and take over the entire Middle East..... we'd take over the whole oil supply and at the same time cut off the head of the terrorist serpent (Saudi Arabia). If Israel could defeat the Arab world in six days, how many days do you think it'd take us to accomplish it? Once done, a lot of our problems would be solved. As far as the conquered peoples, well, we'll give them heavy doses of American culture to shift them away from their corrupted beliefs. What other way is there to ensure stability in the future in light of the present day threats posed by diminishing energy resources and terrorism?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no need to be ahead of the CURVE on this one.

Boobs are eternal.

Cultural domination by the media elite is simple. When the media are bought and sold, the wealthy consolodate power. The Republicans own it all now. The Republicans dominate the media "story" as it is played out daily.

We conservatives have won the culture war, the battlefield is ours, it's all just mopping up now.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
culture first, then force of arms.

I'm glad you see the wisdom of my plan.

No dog, but a cat named Jose' Cuervo. Booze is part of the plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts