Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just arrived from a 45 mile ride on my new/old Centurion Le mans RS, i know that my bike may not be as special in specs talking as many others, but riding it is even more satisfactory and funnier than riding my aluminum MTB or my brother's carbon fiber RB. Why? i don't really know but i think that may be the fact that when you ride a vintage steel RB you don't really care about weight (21,2 pounds in my case) or the very best and light groups and crankset, and things like that. When you ride one of these beauties, there is only you, the pure steel, the road and that thing that make you smile when you are figthing trough a hill or surfing trough a traffic jam.

Conclusion: I love my old, heavy, beautyful (At least it is for me), badass steel framed bike :p

(Sorry for my caveman english :p)
Here some pics after-ride from today.
View attachment 279577 View attachment 279578 View attachment 279579 View attachment 279580 View attachment 279581 View attachment 279582 View attachment 279583 View attachment 279584 View attachment 279585

·
Registered
453 Posts
Lovely bike, and quite light weight at 21.2 lbs.

I was planning to sell my classic steel bike to help pay for my current ride, but the old Cilo makes me smile every time I ride it. Would like more than 6 gears in back. ;-)

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Nice looking bike, I like the color scheme; and at 21.5 pounds or so it isn't all that heavy, there are plenty of new road bikes on the market today between $500 and $1500 that still weigh in that range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.