Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey any posters have any positive or minus things to say about the higher end Felt roadbikes like the F1c,F2c,3c,etc etc.? I'm wondering just how good these are,other than listening to the usual self promoting Blah,Blah...Thanxs,:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am of the opinion that many companies build very good frames (note, I said frames because all the other parts come from different manufacturers). Felt is one of those manufacturers who are growing rapidly, having started out small, because they make a very good frame. The usual caveat applies: fit is everything, it's not the brand.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I don't think it matters who manufacturers them in Asia. Design and ride is very good according to the people I've spoken too. I stuck on a Felt aluminum can (F55) but really have nothing but good things to say about it. Everyone I've known has been on a F2 or F3. But, like I said, no complaints.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Kinesis

yes, on the Aluminum FELT it has been made clear that the frames are Kinesis - who seems to be a high quality makers who builds for Specialized, Motobecane, Bianchi and lots of others
and it maybe easier to tell how well you like an aluminum frame with short or no test rides - than with carbon which you might need several hundred miles on before you knew how you liked it

·
Registered
799 Posts
Felt F2C here...

I have close to 1000 miles on my 2006 Felt F2C now and really like the bike.
My only complain....and it may have been due to fit issues was when I 1st got the bike, hammering out of the saddle up short and steep climbs the rear would sometimes lift and skip off to the side every now and then. Never had this problem with my other Canondales. I changed my stem and bars to get a better fit and noticed that issue dissapeared for me.

Other than that, the bike just rides like it should - upright!

KMan

Spinman said:
Hey any posters have any positive or minus things to say about the higher end Felt roadbikes like the F1c,F2c,3c,etc etc.? I'm wondering just how good these are,other than listening to the usual self promoting Blah,Blah...Thanxs,:cool:

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
Two friends with Carbon bikes and one with Aluminum. All are very happy.

For the money they are a much better choice than internet specific brand like Motobecane

·
Banned
476 Posts
this is an odd opinion

Motobecane and other bikes sold on the internet without question deliver more bike for the money -- but you do not have dealer support at the same level
so the question is how much is the dealer worth to you?

if you list any Felt with a dealer price; you can find some bike that is better equipped on the internet for less money - there is no question of that
I could list 20 examples; but everyone knows that already

Question is simple - buy at dealer for more money or online for less but with a bike shipped to your door in a box

if you know your stuff; you certainly get more ride for your money online
if you are a newbie or can not handle a wrench, dealer is worth the extra money to you

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
Whatever!

collectorvelo said:
Motobecane and other bikes sold on the internet without question deliver more bike for the money -- but you do not have dealer support at the same level
so the question is how much is the dealer worth to you?

if you list any Felt with a dealer price; you can find some bike that is better equipped on the internet for less money - there is no question of that
I could list 20 examples; but everyone knows that already

Question is simple - buy at dealer for more money or online for less but with a bike shipped to your door in a box

if you know your stuff; you certainly get more ride for your money online
if you are a newbie or can not handle a wrench, dealer is worth the extra money to you
The deal you can get on a new felt is very comparable to any deal you can get online. If you want to compare online to felt's MRSP than you would need to look at the MSRP of the moto as well (even though we all know that it's a complete joke).

You are not giving any consideration to the company that specs the tubing, geometry, etc. for the bike.

Felt is a Bicycle company that out sources the frame fabrication. They do the design and spec for the frames in house. Their prices are very competitive at MRSP but a 10% discount from the LBS is very common.

Motobecane is simply a house brand for Bikesdirect and Spectum cycles. They exist to make money not bikes. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Go to the two websites http://www.motobecane.com/MBUSAbikes.html and http://www.feltracing.com/06/home.html

The moto website will give no indication of who owns the company, who designs the bikes or even who the dealers are. The only reason the website exists is so that BD and spectrum can quote an MRSP. Who knows who does the design. From what you can gather on this website they simply copy Fuji.

Maybe it's a luxury that I can afford but I would rather support a company like Felt. That said, every bike I own was bought used.

Another point that has been stated hundreds of times is if you are knowledgeable enough to buy a bike from on online dealer than you are knowledgeable enough to buy used. There is no question that you can get a better deal used than new online even if it means buying a online bike like a moto used.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Racing a Felt

My race team rides the Felt team bike. It is only available as a frame set for race teams. It is the same frame as the F2, but in a nude carbon, no clear coat. This is the first all carbon bike I have owned, but I would highly recommend as I am very pleased with the bike. (over 1000 miles so far) Seems very stiff, but very complient. Running full d/a with Easton Tempest II aluminium wheels. Aluminium bars and stem. Runs about 17 lbs. Frame size 58.

Very pleased with this bike. Not a huge brand name, and I like it that way.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.