Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't slam me for being a naive Tyler minion, I'm not a fan -- just making a suggestion here. But if you were a world class cyclist & wanted to cover your doping tracks, would you use your real name? I sure as hell wouldn't. What if this is somebody else using Tyler's name (or Son of Rudy's nicknames, et al.) Still think we need to match the blood in the bags with the blood in the bodies.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Laurent Fignewton said:
Don't slam me for being a naive Tyler minion, I'm not a fan -- just making a suggestion here. But if you were a world class cyclist & wanted to cover your doping tracks, would you use your real name? I sure as hell wouldn't. What if this is somebody else using Tyler's name (or Son of Rudy's nicknames, et al.) Still think we need to match the blood in the bags with the blood in the bodies.
I'd agree with that, it's the only way to be sure. It's still pretty damning on it's own though.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The fax to his wife Haven in Gerona (where they used to reside during training) might not be conclusive but it's hard to cook that up.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
rocco said:
He may be able to race again sooner than 98% of pro peloton at this point.
Maybe they can use the doping conviction and these recent revelations to refuse a work visa. Would the US allow a convicted & unrepentant insider dealer form Europe a visa to work in Wall Street? I doubt it, if you have a spent conviction for weed that is 25 years old you can't go on holiday. They may grant a visitors visa but not a work visa. Maybe that's the way they can combat doping in sport. In Italy doping is a criminal offence (Sporting Fraud) so it would be perfectly reasonable to refuse an athlete entry if they had a conviction for doping.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
he's done.

wonder if his vanishing twin was running his "full doping program involving EPO, anabolics, growth hormone and IGF-1." TH is screwed, looks like Jan's next. At some point this should put to rest the notion that anyone is winning/has won recently in any way clean. Lots of dead-enders still drinking the LA koolaid though, so I doubt that time is now.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
ultimobici said:
Maybe they can use the doping conviction and these recent revelations to refuse a work visa. Would the US allow a convicted & unrepentant insider dealer form Europe a visa to work in Wall Street?
Without getting to the merit of your speculation, I have to admire the way you twist the meaning of the word "conviction". First using it for the results of a non-judicial administrative hearing, and then turning the same word to apply to a criminal proceding; all the while ignoring the different standards of proof, rules of evidence, etc. that apply. Well done.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
blackhat said:
At some point this should put to rest the notion that anyone is winning/has won recently in any way clean.
I totally agree.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Puerto

I think Tyler's career has been burned to a crisp. This only makes him look more foolish for not coming clean and making such a production out of his situation. I for one, really do not believe that there are too many racers in the pro peleton that are not using some kind of performance enhancement protocol. I doubt that Dr. Fuentes was the only guy running this kind of opeation. I think the false idea is that so many races would have had drastically different outcomes if the riders were clean. Doping apears to be so broad based that it just raises all the bots in the water. Until science finds a way to get ahaed of the curve, then we will continue with drug busts etc. The only oher hope, and this might be the case with major league baseball, if athletes fear jail time or criminal charges that raises the stakes of participating with doping. Both BALCO and what we know of Operation Puerto were driven by the authorities. then again with some of the incredibly dangerous side effects and practices that are necessary to engage in doping or hiding doping maybe jail time would not be a deterent at all. Personally I fear that the future will just be another series of BALCO, Puerto and Festina scandels. I am sure after the 1998 TDF cycling had higher hopes of clensing a problem that what we are seeing as reality today.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
that's messed up.

euro-trash said:
I said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't care Tyler doped. However, he should get the death penalty for swearing he was clean on the life of his dead dog. Scum.
I was thinking about that this morning. In the end it really isn't that huge of a deal if he was using epo, andro, hgh, whatever. he's just like every other doper that won't come clean. what sets him apart was that awful statement. he wears the dogs tags on his neck while riding a tour stage, then apparently disgraces his memory. I'd really like for him to be able to explain that one away.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
euro-trash said:
I said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't care Tyler doped. However, he should get the death penalty for swearing he was clean on the life of his dead dog. Scum.
Not to mention it was strategically stupid. A quick admission of an error after getting caught and the whole thing would have blown over in no time. People easily forgive f-ups but not people playing them for the fool.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
terzo rene said:
Not to mention it was strategically stupid. A quick admission of an error after getting caught and the whole thing would have blown over in no time. People easily forgive f-ups but not people playing them for the fool.

Case in point. David Millar.

He copped to it immediately, offered no excuses and took his punishment like a man. And now it's like "Welcome back to the Tour Dave." It's scummy that he stole the World Championship but there was no whining after he was nabbed.

Tyler made things far far worse.

·
Registered
301 Posts
From Tyler's Website:

"July 26, 2006
I was very upset to read the accusations against me and to see my name associated with the "Operacion Puerto" investigation in Spain. I have not been treated by Dr. Fuentes. I have not done what the article alleges. In addition, I have never been contacted by authorities in Spain regarding these allegations. Therefore, it is also impossible to comment on a situation I have no knowledge of. "

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
blackhat said:
wonder if his vanishing twin was running his "full doping program involving EPO, anabolics, growth hormone and IGF-1." TH is screwed, looks like Jan's next. At some point this should put to rest the notion that anyone is winning/has won recently in any way clean. Lots of dead-enders still drinking the LA koolaid though, so I doubt that time is now.

TH was already screwed but he's way in front of the line as compaired to the rest of the peloton. His ban could be ending just when many or most of the rest will be starting theirs.

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
asgelle said:
Without getting to the merit of your speculation, I have to admire the way you twist the meaning of the word "conviction". First using it for the results of a non-judicial administrative hearing, and then turning the same word to apply to a criminal proceding; all the while ignoring the different standards of proof, rules of evidence, etc. that apply. Well done.

bingo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.