Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Firenze lack major quality in the material it uses or the welding process? I am not a big beliver in all these different tube shapes(neither is Seven or Serotta). It seems like Seven and Serotta though do swear by cold working. Is the only reason the bike is so cheap is because it doesn't have the GET or cold worked tubes. What exactly is cold worked, and does it make a huge difference? How is this bike different from Tuscany's of years past that just used straight round tubes? Would the difference just be the cold working aspect? Could someone explain what butted means? Serotta brags triple. Seven and many others claim double. Is single butted standard or is it possible to have no butting at all?

Has any body ridden the Firenze or Solano? How do they ride compared to equally priced steel or to high end Ti bikes?

Thanks John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Got a few more Q's

If a tube is not cold worked can it further weaken where it is welded? Or is welding only capable of removing strength that cold working gives?

If I'm not willing to pay the high price of high end titanium, is it usually always better to get a good steel frame over a budget Ti frame?

Could you tell me more about these air hardening steels?

Thanks John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.