Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
How much are you exercising?

It's possible you might not be eating enough.

At your weight, with daily vigorous exercise, you probably need 2400 calories or more.

If you're not eating enough, your body will go into starvation mode and stop burning as many excess calories.

Like Haiku said, eat several smaller meals and eat healthy, but try to make sure you're eating enough.

Disclaimer: I am neither a doctor or nutritionist. I am basically parroting stuff that was told to me and has worked for me while doing P90x.
I read an article on a fitness/nutrition website that said something similar. When you don't eat enough calories, you body thinks that it is starving and you will lose no more weight. Of course, I only read an article online so I'm not really qualified either.

·
Registered
432 Posts
buck-50 said:
So, yeah, I need to switch things up. Weather is getting cooler again, so maybe I'll start running a couple times a week.

+1....I went from 230 to 195 and got stuck. It wasn't until I started running regularly that I was able to get down to 175. Now I run less, bike more, and stay right around 180. Running may not be fun, but if your joints will take it, it works.

·
Opus was just napping
21,503 Posts
buck-50 said:
So, yeah, I need to switch things up. Weather is getting cooler again, so maybe I'll start running a couple times a week.
Work your way up to about 45-55 MPW and watch the pounds melt away.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts