Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,941 Posts
Apparently the Süddeutsche Zeitung named Santiago Botero and Jose Enrique Gutierrez as well. So there.
 

·
Do not touch the trim.
Joined
·
2,383 Posts
philippec said:
El Pais has reported that Sevilla has admitted that the Guarda Civil probably has pictures of him visiting Fuentes OBGYN practice ... maybe he had really pesky yeast infection....

Discuss...

A+
Philippe
Yep, the merde is officially about to hit the fan, this could change the whole complexion of the rest of the season........a Frenchman wins the TDF?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
I have also heard/read a few more things

-It is not 200 athletes, 200 bags of blood but under 100 athletes involved, many from Track and field (athletics for our European friends)
-There may be some connections with German coach Thomas Springstein. Springstein exparimented with Repoxygen. It is is designed for gene therapy on patients with anemia. It can boost an athlete's performance by inducing the release of erythropoietin, or EPO
-Fuentes used to be a team doctor for the Spanish track team, until his wife tested positive

I am sure some lawyer phones are ringing off the hook this morning
 

·
I heart team Zissou!
Joined
·
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rogger said:
Apparently the Süddeutsche Zeitung named Santiago Botero and Jose Enrique Gutierrez as well. So there.
I love it .. according to the Süddeutsche Zeitung, the Guarda recorded a call between Fuentes OBGYN practice and a Phonak handler earlier this month with this gem "one must bring meals to the buffalo to Italy." wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!!! You the man Guiterrez!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
There was a minor flap with Sevilla a couple years ago where someone got hold of one of his answering machine tapes with some thinly veiled doping methodology references, so it's not surprising his name came up. What surprises me is the report that he confirmed they would probably see him on the surveillance tapes.

T-Mob hasn't been the promised land for riders not named Jan but there must be a better way out than hanging yourself with a doping confession.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
terzo rene said:
There was a minor flap with Sevilla a couple years ago where someone got hold of one of his answering machine tapes with some thinly veiled doping methodology references, so it's not surprising his name came up. What surprises me is the report that he confirmed they would probably see him on the surveillance tapes.

T-Mob hasn't been the promised land for riders not named Jan but there must be a better way out than hanging yourself with a doping confession.
Yeah, WTF? Deny everything, for christ's sake at least wait until they publish the pictures.
 

·
pass the hot sauce
Joined
·
197 Posts
philippec said:
I love it .. according to the Süddeutsche Zeitung, the Guarda recorded a call between Fuentes OBGYN practice and a Phonak handler earlier this month with this gem "one must bring meals to the buffalo to Italy." wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!!! You the man Guiterrez!
I wonder if Simoni may end up with that 2nd place podium position after all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
If Il Bufalo confesses Simoni could move up, otherwise there would have to be a failed test somewhere. Since the riders in Spain aren't facing any jail time I don't see any reason for him to confess, it's not like he needs to plea bargain his way out of something.

This morning Sevilla's position was clarified a bit - he said he was seeing another doctor in the same building. Glad to see he's not as stupid as it appeared. All they have is circumstantial evidence and no lab tests can show they did do autologous transfusions (though the reticulocyte ratio could be altered), so deny, deny, deny, click your heels together and it all goes away and your legacy could even have fewer blemishes than LA.
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
my guess is they will strong arm

which means they'll offer a better deal for confessors and harsher punishment for those who don't (lifetime maybe?) If they have bags of blood, names and video it's gonna be easy enough to match samples. Having matches and video is pretty much gonna convict you. Using an OBGYN has to be the dumbest thing known as he has very usage to men.
Shoulda been a proctologist, at least that way you could have said "I'm getting numbness" or something semi plauisble. What's a man's excuse to see such? "I went to him for advice about the female genitalia which my wife has told me I need drastically."
 

·
Do not touch the trim.
Joined
·
2,383 Posts
atpjunkie said:
which means they'll offer a better deal for confessors and harsher punishment for those who don't (lifetime maybe?) If they have bags of blood, names and video it's gonna be easy enough to match samples. Having matches and video is pretty much gonna convict you. Using an OBGYN has to be the dumbest thing known as he has very usage to men.
Shoulda been a proctologist, at least that way you could have said "I'm getting numbness" or something semi plauisble. What's a man's excuse to see such? "I went to him for advice about the female genitalia which my wife has told me I need drastically."
Maybe they read that all dopers were pussies and well you know............................:D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top