Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I flipped my bike over and as I was pulling the rear wheel out, this piece falls to the ground. I'm not sure where it fell from. What is it? The bike felt great when I rode it earlier. I was taking the rear wheel off to apply some helicopter tape.

View attachment 281795 View attachment 281796

It is not a tube valve nut. The bike is a 2013 Felt Z4 but I don't think this is brand specific.

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
Part of the derailuer hanger bolt.
What are you talking about? Don't you see the characteristic two notches (upper picture) that typify chain ring bolts? Please explain how derailleur hanger bolts have nuts that large, and where they are located. Or did you mean the bolt that holds the derailleur to the hanger? Same question about how it comes apart in pieces.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hold up dudes. It is not part of the chainring assembly. All those bolts are there.

My rear derailleur is missing the attachment bolt and this piece fits on the other side of the chain stay. I'm annoyed. I will be more annoyed if the LBS doesn't have the bolt laying around.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
What are you talking about? Don't you see the characteristic two notches (upper picture) that typify chain ring bolts? Please explain how derailleur hanger bolts have nuts that large, and where they are located. Or did you mean the bolt that holds the derailleur to the hanger? Same question about how it comes apart in pieces.
Uh, I am tlking about the bolt that holds the hanger to the frame.
Its basicly a single chainring bolt. No sh/t, i dont make this stuff up. Not thebolt that holds the derailuer to the hanger.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Hold up dudes. It is not part of the chainring assembly. All those bolts are there.

My rear derailleur is missing the attachment bolt and this piece fits on the other side of the chain stay. I'm annoyed. I will be more annoyed if the LBS doesn't have the bolt laying around.
Glad you figured it out.

There you have it.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,667 Posts
many bikes use chainring nuts/bolts to attach the hanger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.