Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wes Clark is about to call it quits. Too bad. I had him pegged as a real contender. Guess it shows what I know!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i'm more interested in what this general had to say.

Gen. Giap: Kerry's Group Helped Hanoi Defeat U.S.

The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975 credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory.

In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.

That's why, he predicted on Tuesday, the Vietnam War issue "is going to blow up in Kerry's face."

"People are going to remember Gen. Giap saying if it weren't for these guys [Kerry's group], we would have lost," North told radio host Sean Hannity.

"The Vietnam Veterans Against the War encouraged people to desert, encouraged people to mutiny - some used what they wrote to justify fragging officers," noted the former Marine lieutenant colonel, who earned two purple hearts in Vietnam.

"John Kerry has blood of American soldiers on his hands," North said.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/10/222651.shtml

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hehehehehehehehe

bill105 said:

The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975 credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory.

In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.

That's why, he predicted on Tuesday, the Vietnam War issue "is going to blow up in Kerry's face."

"People are going to remember Gen. Giap saying if it weren't for these guys [Kerry's group], we would have lost," North told radio host Sean Hannity.

"The Vietnam Veterans Against the War encouraged people to desert, encouraged people to mutiny - some used what they wrote to justify fragging officers," noted the former Marine lieutenant colonel, who earned two purple hearts in Vietnam.

OLIVER NORTH - are you serious?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He apparantly is. That's what's scarey.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
bill105 said:

whatever..you'll stoop to anything to throw dirt on Kerry it seems. This assumption seems especially suspect
"Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North"

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Wasn't he part of a comedy team ?...............Wait, no, I'm thinking of the OTHER Oliver.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
I liked Clark from the start.

I even recognize that part of my liking is irrational, just because he strikes me as a leader. If he had started a year earlier, he would have had a great shot at it. He was a VERY quick study, but there is a lot to learn for an amateur.

I think he will be a great stump speaker for the nominee, if he is not tapped for the VP (which I think is unlikely), and if he has future plans that would make it worth his while. He can do a job on the topic of national security and international relations. His weakness was the domestic stuff and connecting with civilians, relating to their lives.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I like chicken.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
lousylegs said:
This was just the oldest thread I could find in the Lownge

This was prior to teh lawnje, heck this was when the J's was still the moderator.....:eek:

This was NCD days.....boooyaaaaaa.

you must be bored...

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,112 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!

Bocephus Jones join date is "feb 2004" and by "02/11/2004" he already had moar than 2500 poasts!

whaaaaaaat!?

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
mtymxdh said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!

Bocephus Jones join date is "feb 2004" and by "02/11/2004" he already had moar than 2500 poasts!

whaaaaaaat!?

YEP, and just think, if he had MERGED his two identities, BJ, and BJII, as he likes to be called now, he'd have 53,000 posts in just five years.....

WTF??? I don't know if I should cry for him, or congratulate him....I think my own post count is ridiculous....

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,112 Posts
physasst said:
YEP, and just think, if he had MERGED his two identities, BJ, and BJII, as he likes to be called now, he'd have 53,000 posts in just five years.....

WTF??? I don't know if I should cry for him, or congratulate him....I think my own post count is ridiculous....

and before BJII and BJ he had another account , like "colnago...something"

he said that in another thread...

OMGawsh,

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
mtymxdh said:
and before BJII and BJ he had another account , like "colnago...something"

he said that in another thread...

OMGawsh,

Oh, he had more than that....back in the early days...sock puppets reigned the earth.....and I believe BJ had a couple..

Of course the sock puppet king was OES, who had some interesting characters....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts