Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am very sorry but there was /is a fello who was an absolute cycle expert.
Name something like Sheridan Brown ? I have forgot.
Please help and excuse my bad memory.
What is his correct name ?
Thank you
Doug.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question.
I s there a Road Bike Review magasine ?
If yes, I must subscribe.
Thank you
Doug.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
Doug. said:
Another question.
I s there a Road Bike Review magasine ?
If yes, I must subscribe.
Thank you
Doug.
Nope, there's no RoadBike Review magazine...Roadbikereview is a website in the Consumer Review network or something, along with a bunch of other review sites.

As far as magazines, in the US, there's Road Bike Action, Bicycling Magazine, and VeloNews...I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of any off hand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen. and er most 'onourable worthy gentleman fuji San.
Many thanks.
Very sorry about the Sheldons death.
Seemed a most nice fellow.
Yours
Doug.

Old enough to know better....but I refuse to do better.

·
Administrator
12,954 Posts
There is a Road Bike Review newsletter the website puts out for free via email. Its not a magazine, but it is free!

:)

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Doug. said:
Gentlemen. and er most 'onourable worthy gentleman fuji San.
Many thanks.
Very sorry about the Sheldons death.
Seemed a most nice fellow.
Yours
Doug.

Old enough to know better....but I refuse to do better.
Sheldon was indeed by all accounts a very nice fellow, and un homme de la Renaissance, as you might say, with many interests and skills. He passed away about 2 1/2 years ago, in February 2008.

His personal web pages, as well as the bicycle-related pages he created at Harris Cyclery, are still available online, and worth a look.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/home.html
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html#articles

You might be interested to know that he spoke French and was an admirer of the culture. He and his family lived in France for a time.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/org/france.html

During his final illness, when the crippling effects of multiple sclerosis (MS) stopped him from riding, his positive attitude was remarkable and inspirational.
http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

He wrote this, a few months before he was diagnosed with MS, and about a year before he died:

I really don't mean to be gloomy.

In most ways my life is a dream: after 27 years of marriage, my wife and I are still very much in love.

We've got two great kids, both of whom are doing well in graduate school and appear to be on track toward happy, productive, independent lives.

We live in a comfortable house in a safe neighborhood. I have work that I love and a kind, understanding boss who values my contribution, even though it only comes over the computer keyboard these days, sometimes at the shop, more often from my home.

My condition is a major inconvenience, but doesn't appear to be life-threatening, and there is no pain involved, so I really consider myself a very fortunate person in general.

·
Registered
21,541 Posts
Not quite

Coolhand said:
There is a Road Bike Review newsletter the website puts out for free via email. Its not a magazine, but it is free!/QUOTE]

Not quite right. THIS site, the one we are on here, is Road Bike Review. The site you are talking about is RoadBikeRider.com. I guess not quite right is being generous. Completely wrong would be a more accurate description :)

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Oopsie!

Kerry Irons said:
Coolhand said:
There is a Road Bike Review newsletter the website puts out for free via email. Its not a magazine, but it is free!/QUOTE]

Not quite right. THIS site, the one we are on here, is Road Bike Review. The site you are talking about is RoadBikeRider.com. I guess not quite right is being generous. Completely wrong would be a more accurate description :)

You just told a moderator of this site that it doesn't send out a monthly newsletter, which it absolutely does. I believe he might have know which site he was speaking of.

About that completely wrong thing....

·
Registered
21,541 Posts
Cross check

danl1 said:
Kerry Irons said:
You just told a moderator of this site that it doesn't send out a monthly newsletter, which it absolutely does. I believe he might have know which site he was speaking of.

About that completely wrong thing....
We'll have to wait until Coolhand checks in on this, but unless he was being completely sarcastic, he was describing RoadBikeRider.com. If he was being sarcastic, then my apologies.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
danl1 said:
We'll have to wait until Coolhand checks in on this, but unless he was being completely sarcastic, he was describing RoadBikeRider.com. If he was being sarcastic, then my apologies.
Why sarcastic? Road Bike Review - this very site - indeed does put out a monthly email newsletter. No sarcasm needed, and there's nothing in his post that suggests RoadBikeRider in any way, shape or form.

Perceptual filters are interesting things.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,265 Posts
Doug. Who are you? terryb? Svend? Ishmael?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do not understand the above question .

Mapei said:
Doug. Who are you? terryb? Svend? Ishmael?

None of the other people.
Please explain what or who they are ?
Thank you
Doug.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
They're relatives of Jar-Jar Binks. He's a bit creaky in the knees lately though...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm......I get a monthly newsletter.....I don't read it, but I get it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts