PHILADELPHIA, PA - For Amber Neben, professional cyclist and 2008 Olympian, there is a bigger purpose in life than winning races. This week Amber will donate over 40 bikes to homeless children in Southern California. With help from Fuji bikes, SixSixOne helmets, Edge Cycle Sports of Orange County, and a volunteer crew of bike builders, the children will each receive a bike of their very own.

"I have been through a lot of adversity in my life and I have fought through it and succeeded but the journey has been far from easy," said Amber. "I think that it is an important message for these kids at this time in their life. Everything might look hopeless, but it is only temporary. They need to keep fighting, to not give up on life or their dreams. I want to do something and share something with them that gives them hope."

Partnering with the Illumination Foundation, a non-profit organization that addresses the homelessness crisis in Orange County, California, Amber will personally deliver the bikes to the kids and their families at two locations: Anaheim on Monday, December 21st and Costa Mesa on Wednesday, December 23rd at 4pm.

"Amber is one of those people who truly believes in paying it forward," said Jason Neben, Amber's husband. "Amber has had to work for every bit of success in her life. In turn, I think she appreciates how powerful it is to believe in yourself and follow your dreams. And, she wants to pass that message along."

When asked about the gift of bicycles, Amber replied, "There is an Arthur Ashe quote that says 'Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.' I am a cyclist who has achieved things in the sport. These achievements put me in the position to be able to make a phone call to Fuji and others who can help. I also think everyone remembers the bikes they had as kids - it is a gift that will mean something. How cool to be able to share a Christmas gift and to remind everyone involved about the real meaning of Christmas."

For more information on Amber Neben, visit www.amberneben.com or www.fujibikes.com. For more information on the Illumination Foundation or to make a donation, visit www.ifhomeless.org.