Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't this just make you want to cry? Someone decapitated Paul Bunyan! I hope they catch the basturd that did it.
 

·
Just Riding Along
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Just think what the guy could have done to Babe.

nmnmnm
 

·
go up
Joined
·
648 Posts
I've always heard Paul was a Goliath of a man but I just pictured David as being a little thinner.
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
There's a website out there, lost the link, that tracks as many of those big old Bunyan statues as they can. They've got an interesting history to 'em.

When I lived in Utah, a local gun store had one, holding a giant hunting rifle. When they sold the store to a motorcycle shop, he was holding a small dirt bike. It's gone now, rumored to be on it's back, deteriorating in the SW desert sun.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinkcooper said:
There's a website out there, lost the link, that tracks as many of those big old Bunyan statues as they can. They've got an interesting history to 'em.

When I lived in Utah, a local gun store had one, holding a giant hunting rifle. When they sold the store to a motorcycle shop, he was holding a small dirt bike. It's gone now, rumored to be on it's back, deteriorating in the SW desert sun.
I think this one was in Springfield, IL--birthplace of Abe Lincoln. Storm took the Bunyan statue down. More pix
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
thinkcooper said:
I want to find one and bring it to burningman.

that would be epic......one of these years I really ought to go..........
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
D'oh just read your post above. Same wavelength I guess.

You've gotta hunt that thing down and bring it to Burning Man Coop. Just put some nice clothes and tatts on it first though.
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Ridgetop said:
D'oh just read your post above. Same wavelength I guess.

You've gotta hunt that thing down and bring it to Burning Man Coop. Just put some nice clothes and tatts on it first though.
I picture it holding a huge flamethrower that you fire with an electric solenoid.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I think this one was in Springfield, IL--birthplace of Abe Lincoln. Storm took the Bunyan statue down. More pix
Seeing that shot of the headless guy with his arms out, I wish some quick thinking person with a cherry picker and a sense of humor had picked up the head and put it in Paul's hands. Paul Bunyan holding his own head would freak a lot of people out!
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thinkcooper said:
I picture it holding a huge flamethrower that you fire with an electric solenoid.
flames coming out of the mouth would be cooler...
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thinkcooper said:
out his a$$ would be even funnier. and at his feet I could be gifting free chili.
now you're getting somewhere!

...cooling water showers coming from his willy while fire shoots from his a$$? It IS Burningman after all...you could serve beer and chili!
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
now you're getting somewhere!

...cooling water showers coming from his willy while fire shoots from his a$$? It IS Burningman after all...you could serve beer and chili!
pissing pabst. nice.
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
thinkcooper said:
pissing pabst. nice.
you hook that up I'm and I'm coming this year for sure......
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thinkcooper said:
If you ever find one of those Bunyan statues, lemme know.
There's one up in Southern MN I know about--I have this image of a bunch of guys in ninja outfits hooking up chains and hauling off the statue at 3am.

// A Big Boy might be just as cool. There is one of those in Mankato, MN...you used to be able to order food by talking into it.
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
There's one up in Southern MN I know about--I have this image of a bunch of guys in ninja outfits hooking up chains and hauling off the statue at 3am.

// A Big Boy might be just as cool. There is one of those in Mankato, MN...you used to be able to order food by talking into it.

and laughing hysterically the whole time.....know guys that "borrowed" a Big Boy in HS.....
Somehow I don't think the cops would be as understanding of 40 somethings pulling off the same.......still be funny as hell
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
There's one up in Southern MN I know about--I have this image of a bunch of guys in ninja outfits hooking up chains and hauling off the statue at 3am.

// A Big Boy might be just as cool. There is one of those in Mankato, MN...you used to be able to order food by talking into it.
Big Boy's already been to the playa. He was a hit. Along with a six foot tall knockoff in fiberglass of the 60's ovaltine puppet dog Farfel.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top