Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
eh.....see how many we get on here this season.

Turns out I strained one my adductor muscles going over the barriers before the Ed Sanders race yesterday. last night I was pretty depressed as I was having a hard time getting around. stairs were tough and it was hard to put weight on my leg.

ice, ibuprofen (desperate) and wrapping it up last night seemed to help. i woke up this morning to a different leg. still hurt, but I could put full weight on it, move it around every which way with very little pain.

Still.....my doc gave me some supplements and I was ordered off the bike this week IF I wanted a chance at racing this weekend.

sucks......other than DCCX I've not registered for other races and won't until I see what happens come sunday. I'd rather register late and get a shitty spot than register and not be able to race.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
S*cks to be old, eh? Oh, wait, you're younger than me. Nevermind.....:devil:

·
Registered
238 Posts
There's a chance I popped my gut through my abdominal muscles at whirlybird...probably on one of those epic uphill turns. Either that or I took a blow to the pelvis during the race. I'll know better in a couple of days.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
This.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went OTB on the mtb and busted up my wrist, an operation and a ti upgrade later, I'll be able to ride again next year... The ride was organized so I could collect my new Soma Double Cross frame, now I have time to think how to build it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Banged up head and sprained neck at Ed Sander's this weekend. I am the guy c-lo and others helped out. Getting some decent movement in my neck back today, so I am hopeful. Looking to be back in action at Granogue on 10/16, then DCCX on 10/24. Need to buy new helmet. Fortunately my AcaVengo cross bike appears to have survived the crash.

Hope you heal up quick, c-lo!

·
bike rider
48 Posts
Broken collarbone & separated shoulder on lap 1 of Ed Sander B race thanks to a suicide pass. He took us both out of the race, but only me out of the season.

Thank goodness for beer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
AcaVengo said:
Banged up head and sprained neck at Ed Sander's this weekend. I am the guy c-lo and others helped out. Getting some decent movement in my neck back today, so I am hopeful. Looking to be back in action at Granogue on 10/16, then DCCX on 10/24. Need to buy new helmet. Fortunately my AcaVengo cross bike appears to have survived the crash.

are you the one who took a spill in the pothole next to the gravel road turn?

glad to hear you are doing ok!

·
Registered
3 Posts
dc.cyclocross said:
are you the one who took a spill in the pothole next to the gravel road turn?

glad to hear you are doing ok!
Yes, that was me. Thanks!

matthewtucker, I hope you are referring to the regular B race and not B Masters b/c if I took you out trying to make that pass and then running into that pothole I sincerely apologize. Scratch that, I just checked the starters for Ed Sander and see that you are in the regular B race. Hope you heal up quick!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AcaVengo said:

'

Hey dude! wondered if you were on here. certainly gave us all a big scare. yeah, my leg is doing better. that night I was in quite a bit of pain. next morning was a different story. I should be good for Apple blossom this sunday.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Glad you're OK. And never, EVER, cut corners at Sander. But I guess you know that now:)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Jacked my shouldering arm/shoulder up MTBing a few days ago. One day off the bike completely and lots of ice and vitamin I seem to be helping. We'll see how it feels to pick up a bike this weekend.

Sounds like a good excuse to get a new/lighter bike :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
:mad2:
Kram said:
Glad you're OK. And never, EVER, cut corners at Sander. But I guess you know that now:)
Thanks. And yes, I do know that now. :mad2:

A guy on C3 20/20 Cycling hit a pothole in the elite masters race near the run-up and DNF'd. That course seems to have more potholes than most. When my team put co-sponsored the Turkey Race at Taneytown a few years back one of my jobs the day before was to go around with barrels of dirt and fill holes. Might be too much to handle at Lily Pons though.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
c-lo said:
eh.....see how many we get on here this season.
I feel a little embarrassed to post.

Almost 2 years ago I had a stroke, during a race.

Then last year I thought I was in decent shape. But ended up almost DFL for the 4 races I did.

At the end of October last year, I got H1N1 and pneumonia. So that ended my season.

Then I managed to get tendinitis in my achillies. And to top it off, herniated my L5-S1 disc at the end of April. That caused some nerve damage -- drop foot. I have what's called a bilateral pars defect. My L5 is broken and has been since childhood.

Back in June I was wondering if I was going to race cross again. Started riding my bike July 6th (had perhaps 600 miles between getting pneumonia and then and no riding since herniating my disc).

I've recovered much of the strength in my right foot (probably at 75-80%) and am riding pretty well. I might even do a race or two this season.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts