Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SHOUT OUT to Tubus and to Wayne at www.thetouringstore.com.

After all these years of "modifying" bikes and racks, my Tubus Tara front rack arrived from Wayne last night, installed on my Soma Double-Cross in about 20 minutes.

AWESOME.

Perfect timing as today's ride includes work clothes, swim team gear, and an evening softball game.

Life is great. Thought I would share. Very happy to no longer be wearing a backpack, ever again.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
Wayne at the Touring Store is an awesome dude. I've mentioned him often around here.

How's the handling with the front rack/panniers?

·
Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"How's the handling with the front rack/panniers?"

seems fine......cleats/uniform on one side, glove/hat in the other.

Very pleased. Of course after the game tonight I might have to lift it up on the train so we'll see how I feel after that. :)

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Nice rig and it's great to see another pannier'ier on the road! I've also had the pleasure of buying Tubus racks and small parts from Wayne at The Touring Store. Great stuff and a nice guy who's there to help get you set up for the next adventure.

Think you'll have good luck with the reflective tape on the rack? I've been thinking about doing something similar but always pause and wonder if it will just peel off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.