Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been riding seriously a couple years... but today I saw something errr... unusual.

While riding on a paved but relatively narrow cycling trail I saw a rider approaching with aero-bars. Didn't think anything of it... was a typical road bike, looked like normal gear, helmet, etc. Took the guy to be like the 100 other folks I saw out on a rare beautiful sunny day in the NW. As he got closer, I noticed the aero bars were mounted a little differently then some - closer to the rider, higher... Anyway, I moved to the right, and noticed... nestled every so gently in the "L" formed by the riders forearms and upper arms a .. wait for it.... small scottish terrier.... I think... maybe it was a shitsu... Either way it had a little red bandana. Darn lucky I didn't ride off the trail whipsawing to get a better look....

If it would have been possible to do a double-take... i woudl have been there.

A first for me anyway

·
Registered
65 Posts
I once rode about 30miles with a honey bee on my shoulder, but I didn't have to hold on to it like a small dog! I own two Pomeranians who were the runts of the litters and are small enough to put in my jersey pockets, (Yes I have tried it, but not ridden with them) but I seriously doubt they would stay there for any length of time.

Maybe I could get one of those "Bonsai Kitties" in a water bottle as a new accessory!

(NOTE TO PET LOVERS: I use the bonsai kitty reference as tongue in cheek humor and in no way harm any pet-type animals)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts