Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
cmatcan said:
not too many posts rolling in right about now. whats's goin on!?!
We're all out having fun without you.....;)

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Give me an hour to digest.

I just ate a 3 pound Chipotle Grill Barbacoa burrito (all of it), a half a box of Junior Mints (they're very refreshing), three Dove dark chocolate eggs, and I'm going to clean all the beer out of my fridge tonight--two Negra Modelos, two Anchor Steams and one Guiness.

Pull my finger?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Friction_Shifter said:
what up cmatcan?!?!?!?!

getting stoked for your new tat?

how's your fixie project going?
hey friction yeah im pretty excited about that for sure. gotta lead a long training run at 7 tomorrow morning first though, so i gotta get through that first.
the fixie project hasn't made any progress unfortunately. way too much on my plate right now.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sn69 said:
Give me an hour to digest.

I just ate a 3 pound Chipotle Grill Barbacoa burrito (all of it), a half a box of Junior Mints (they're very refreshing), three Dove dark chocolate eggs, and I'm going to clean all the beer out of my fridge tonight--two Negra Modelos, two Anchor Steams and one Guiness.

Pull my finger?
yikes!!!
how the hell does a 3-pound burrito stay together? what'd you roll it with, a pillow case? ;p;

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Industrial strength tortilla. Now my industrial strength small intestine has taken over. Time to lube the machinery with more cerveza and perhaps some ice cream. I'll match your run tomorrow afternoon. Gotta get at least 80 in on the bike in the morning (and before the next storm system comes ashore).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sn69 said:
Industrial strength tortilla. Now my industrial strength small intestine has taken over. Time to lube the machinery with more cerveza and perhaps some ice cream. I'll match your run tomorrow afternoon. Gotta get at least 80 in on the bike in the morning (and before the next storm system comes ashore).
good call- don't run the morning after a big feast. that never works out well for me. riding is fine, but something about the jarring motion of running just shakes up the contents of your stomach a lot more.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
There's nothing worse than that sloshing during a long run, particularly when you're a long way from home.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sn69 said:
There's nothing worse than that sloshing during a long run, particularly when you're a long way from home.
no doubt. i lead training groups sometimes too, so that makes it extra annoying. definitely don't wanna stop or slow down in a group of intense triathletes and track stars.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Twice (both of the full IMs I've completed) I've had to sideline, reach in, and "pull the trigger." Not fun while it's happening, but quite relieving afterwards.

One must take care not to yuke on one's shoes, though.

Have a good run tomorrow.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sn69 said:
Twice (both of the full IMs I've completed) I've had to sideline, reach in, and "pull the trigger." Not fun while it's happening, but quite relieving afterwards.

One must take care not to yuke on one's shoes, though.

Have a good run tomorrow.
IM'S. NICE!! which ones did u do? i will probably end up doing some tri's in the future, but for right now, I have a hard enough time juggling running and cycling-factoring in swimming work outs would probably make my cycling time suffer.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Great Floridian twice, DNFed the first IM California.

GFT is a terrific "starter" IM. It's not as nutty as a WTC-branded event, and it has great scenery and support.

You're right, though--it's like having a second job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts